1.554 also not working

I’ve just bought the app on my ipad. It saying it’s version 1.552
I’ve dowloaded server version 1.554 (latest available) to my macbook pro.

I’ve installed everything and it’s working fine using a cable, but I can’t get it to work over wifi. I’ve followed all the instructions I can find. It’s not my ipv6 settings. Not a happy customer right now :-1:

What do I have to do to get it working over wifi?!! I need the app functioning today.

FYI: The wifi connection dialog shows an empty list with the title “Connection Status || v. 1.552”. Both devices are connected to the same network. Ableton is configured as described in the manual. Studio mode is on, and “Control surface responding” states “Yes” when Ableton 10 Live is running.

1 Like

Same here

The solution for me was to enable ipv6 in my router. It was disabled by default and required for the client and server to find each other. This definitely is a shortcoming in the software and support for ipv4 will be added in a later version.

More info: Problems with Setup and Connectivity

Ok,that makes sense, but i tried connecting with hotspot too…that didn’t work either. Is ipv6 disabled in hotspot too ? I didn’t find any ipv6 settings in hotspot.

X2 with the same problem

Hey,

sorry for the long wait, we are currently working on a connection supporting ipv4 and ipv6, but need to do some final tests, before release.

Best

Pascal

Why did you opt for ipv6 in the first place ? Ipv4 works fine for most of the stuff doesnt it ?

Ipv6 vs ipv4 really makes no difference. There are no technical benefits or limitations for either. They are just different network addressing formats.

Except where ipv6 is newer and not as well supported by networking hardware.

Exactly

The IPv6 protocol allows “out of the box” multicast-addresses. That allows a more stable solution in situations e.g. you want to work in sync with many devices …

Hmmm, ok, but how to turn on ipv6 in mobile hotspot of my android tablet ? Ipv6 is set to automatic on my mac already…

On Android you can turn on IPv6 in the Network & Internet Settings.