Browser > Collections: Stuck on 'Loading'

I seem to have a problem when trying to browse my Collections and the User Folder with touchAble Pro. It gets stuck on a ‘Loading’ screen when trying to browse the contents. Anything containing just folders is loading and displaying correctly. But when a folder contains devices, I can’t get beyond the ‘Loading’ screen.

Using the browser to navigate through the stock Ableton presets is fine too. It just seems to be anything containing user content that doesn’t appear to be loading / displaying.

1 Like

hi, i have the same problem. is the most important feature for me…im use win10 and a ipad…did you solve the problem?

I didn’t solve the problem, no.

It’s a deal-breaker for me too, so I’m just going to get a refund from the App Store if there’s no response from support about this.

I have an answer from Ableton. I should send my logfiles.

Ah, OK. Thanks for letting me know. I never thought about the problem being on the Ableton side of things. I’d be interested to know how you get on…

As soon as I know something new, I’ll tell you

did you install the latest version of ableton?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m on 10.0.3

i have it.
the samples must be installed on c: then it works.

once folders are in it does not work. :frowning:

Hi guys,on any windows version you can use for this a symlink if your hard drive is in NTFS format.i use for this Link Shell Extension,just go to the home page there is an extensiv explanation for all of that.after install(+install his vcredistx86&x64)just right klick on any folder go to pick link source after go to your folder of choice if it is c: or any other lokation even another hard disk or flashdrive right klick again go to drop as… and klick on symbolic link…now you have a folder with an green arow so you always know that this is a symbolic link.:v:Out

OK, thanks very much for letting me know.

I do have everything installed on my system drive but all of my collections contain folders and sub-folders.

Ah well… :frowning:

Hey Guys,

we’ll dig into this - pretty sure it’s on our end if there’s several of you with the same issue!
I’ll update this thread as soon as i found the culprit :slight_smile:
Sorry for the inconvenience !

Chris

Oh - if possible - please still send us the Log.txt files for a session where you try to browse the contents of the folder - they might have some information as to what’s happening!

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks for looking into this. I have the Log.txt file from a session where I tried to browse a Collections folder. How can I send it to you please?

1 Like

hi, did you test was fetrofski written?

I didn’t, no. I’m on Mac not Windows so it wasn’t really relevant to me. I don’t think I need to create a symbolic link anyway as my user library is already on my system drive.

iam on windows and we have the same problem. already interesting

I also have the same problem with browsing my user folder “stuck on loading”