Browser > Collections: Stuck on 'Loading'

i have it.
the samples must be installed on c: then it works.

once folders are in it does not work. :frowning:

Hi guys,on any windows version you can use for this a symlink if your hard drive is in NTFS format.i use for this Link Shell Extension,just go to the home page there is an extensiv explanation for all of that.after install(+install his vcredistx86&x64)just right klick on any folder go to pick link source after go to your folder of choice if it is c: or any other lokation even another hard disk or flashdrive right klick again go to drop as… and klick on symbolic link…now you have a folder with an green arow so you always know that this is a symbolic link.:v:Out

OK, thanks very much for letting me know.

I do have everything installed on my system drive but all of my collections contain folders and sub-folders.

Ah well… :frowning:

Hey Guys,

we’ll dig into this - pretty sure it’s on our end if there’s several of you with the same issue!
I’ll update this thread as soon as i found the culprit :slight_smile:
Sorry for the inconvenience !

Chris

Oh - if possible - please still send us the Log.txt files for a session where you try to browse the contents of the folder - they might have some information as to what’s happening!

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks for looking into this. I have the Log.txt file from a session where I tried to browse a Collections folder. How can I send it to you please?

1 Like

hi, did you test was fetrofski written?

I didn’t, no. I’m on Mac not Windows so it wasn’t really relevant to me. I don’t think I need to create a symbolic link anyway as my user library is already on my system drive.

iam on windows and we have the same problem. already interesting

I also have the same problem with browsing my user folder “stuck on loading”

there are already news?

Not yet, but i hope we’ll have something over the weekend!

3 Likes

I have the same problem on windows 7 and Ipad. Is there any news?
Thank you

Hi,

could you please try to replace the touchAbleCallbacks.py with the one attached to the link below.

The update will also be part of the next server update, if you like to wait.

Best

Dropbox

touchAbleCallbacks.py

Shared with Dropbox

the scripts location:

// Mac

/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Suite.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/touchAble

// Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10

\ProgramData\Ableton\Live x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\

3 Likes

Working perfectly now after replacing touchAbleCallbacks.py.

Thank you!

1 Like

that did the trick :smiley: legends

Yes that worked for me.
The one thing it doest allow me to do is open a different Ableton project. ( I have several links to OS X folders containing my ableton projects in the USER AREA )

Is this just a limitation of the Ableton API or TouchAble?

It would be great if one could switch ableton projects from TouchAble

thanx boys

Unfortunately it is not possible to load Sets in Live remotely.