Bug: Android Betas don’t open

When trying it out after quite some months now, the Android app in Beta doesn’t open anymore. Even the update today didn’t bring any change. I’m on Android 9 on my tablet, and it had worked so far up until now. Yet, as being said, I haven’t checked in for a few months.
Are you others able to open the app on Android without a hitch (if anyone is actually on Android)?

If you mean you keep hanging in the welcome screen we can shake hands. The welcome screen won’t go away, I believe in the latest version the whole screen stays black. Then I press to go back to mainscreen and open the app again and I’ll be welcomed to the user interface without any connection. Have signed up for beta testing, but the testing stopped there. Am hoping for further updates.

1 Like

No, unfortunately it’s more like a ‘waving hands from a distance’ - it won’t open at all. I get a black screen for a second, then the app is gone. I wished I got as far as you get :smiley: .

Hi,

sorry for the inconveniences. Have you tried to remove the previous version from your device. Could you also let me know, which device you use including Android version? We have tested with the Android 11/10/9 and all Pixel Devices. Also tested on an Samsung SM-T580 tablet.

best

Pascal

Edit:

touchable ios and android versions are now in sync, the latest version is 1.625

Hi Pascal,

I just deleted and reinstalled touchAble Pro on my tablet - to no avail unfortunately. It still closes immediately after opening. I have a Huawei MediaPad M5 (tablet) on Android 9.1, latest updates, latest Beta version of your app.
It works on my Android 11 phone, I just tested, though not anymore on the Huawei I am afraid. Had been working a few weeks back, when I discovered that nasty bug when touchAble disabled devices when switching tracks (I sent you a bug report plus the logs you required, but never heard back from you).

Hi,

thanks for getting back. And the late reply and not replying to your previous mail, since ios14 everything is a total mess… I just tested on an nexus5 API 27 and could reproduce the issue. Will try to fix it and download an update asap.

best

Edit:

it is working on a nexus5, but it takes about two minutes until touchable will load the acutal app, the screen is black before…

Hey Pascal,

thanks for getting back and confirming. In my case, the app just opens, black screen, and then closes after ~ 1 second. And thanks for taking care of it!

And good luck with iOS 14 - I know why I hate Apple and their devices :slight_smile: !!

Hi,

update is on its way. If i interpret the issues correctly and considering the changes made in the last month, the latest beta should fix the freeze issue.

best

Danke Dir! Will let you know if the new update will solve it. And then crossing fingers you’ll get through to Python 3 :slight_smile: !

Edit: touchAble does open again - I didn’t know the update would go through so swiftly. Normally the Stores take hours to days until they deliver. Thanks, that’s solving it.