CONFIRMED LIVE 11 WORKS

I had a look and it’s getting close. It feels snappier than the other script, transports controls now works but the ‘arm’/‘solo’/‘mute’ are not working yet. I’m sure it will be fixed sooner than later. As is, I feel like I can start using it again on Live 11. Great work!

Yeah same here: “Just tested it, & no panning here either, also toggles not working…(Solo,Arm,Mute)”

As well as Send faders also don’t work and the MultiControl also glitches with volume not working when you add panning. The fader behavior could also be a bit smoother on live when receiving data from touchable. same goes for The XY Field parameters. Could be smoother.

Also the Clip Editor doesn’t work anymore. It needs to be updated with a newer script that supports the new MPE stuff otherwise you always get an error message from live 11 telling you to update the script.

I have some other scripts that I’ve been trying to convert, while also learning the entire process. I was wondering if anyone could help in enlightening me on the process of how one would attempt to do so on their very own will. I enjoi learning and would love to know what it took to make this possible. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Thanks, but how to install this? download a non-compiled folder

On Windows, you need to copy the contents to the touchable midiScripts directory, namely:
ableton_11_ProgrammInstallationDirectory -> \Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\touchAble\

On Mac, probably similar…
c.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. I attached links to the latest server. With fixed panning behaviour and a fix, that prevents the script from logging eacht OSC command.

I’m currently collecting all mentioned remaining issues, and hope to finalise a fully working version within this weekend. Unfortunately most parts of the script had to be reworked to get it working with Live11, which explaines the amount of issues.

best

2 Likes

Hi,

in case the scripts are not to complex this simple converter will help.

For includes/imports of Python modules just check one of our scripts, In the include section we had to use an if/else clause for Python2 and Python3 to get it working with Live11 and Live10.

Best

Pascal

1 Like

Cool, Panning and Mute Work now. Solo and Arm need to still be fixed from ASM buttons.
But the Level Meter visuals are missing now.

As mentioned before i guess you are still working on a new script for the clip editor since it needs new parameters for MPE stuff.

What would also be great if you could add a Double Tapp function for the panning to go to center again. Its hard to hit the Center with the controls.
Similar to the go to 0dB tapp on faders.

2 Likes

Unfortunately nothing works for me.Live 11,high Sierra and server 1.644.no toggles,no transport,folder tracks…
Peace

Thanks a lot for looking into these this quick!!

I’d assume MPE / clip editing rewite will come some time later - seeing these are completely new features from the Abletonians ? (bummer really that they do not seem to communicate and/or care about people building tools upon their APIs [and forewarn them/you appropriately…])

c.

Agreed double tapping toggles would be great for that and a few other spots I can’t quite remember right now. Maybe just as a quick undo/redo gesture in general???

Double tapping in the panning window on the tracks sets it back to 0 for me?
There are also Undo/Redo buttons on the top taskbar toward the middle.

Solo/record toggles not working still with latest server.

Windows 10 version of ableton 11 and touchable.

Hi,
besides using touchable pro on my (touch screen) laptop, I am currently also in the middle of porting a non-functioning old remote script for the Mackie C4 to python3 and making it work. (https://github.com/markusschloesser/MackieC4_P3 )
Could I ask the reason for basically doubling the entries in LiveuUtils? You now have everything defined as before but additionally added the class at the beginning. Why is that?
If you were to find a minute to have a look into my repository as well, I would be immensely grateful :slight_smile:
Markus

No not yet it was a suggestion to make the workflow easier.
Sure you can use the Undo/Redo but sometimes you just want to set it to 0 when your last state wasn’t 0 as well.

No, im saying that double tapping the pan DOES set it back to 0 for me. Not sure why it isnt working for you.

Thanks for the trick, I just tested it and I can confirm that double tapping does reset the pan value to zero (center) and it works with volume too!

Hi,

Works mostly well here, but:

Midi arrangement overdub “+ button” don’t work.

Cheers

Using script .1646. All looks good, but the metronome shows 120, no matter what the tempo actually is…