Control Surface Not Responding Message

I’m having issues with the Control Surface Not Responding in the app. I read some old posts from months ago that suggested I follow the exact order of opening Ableton Live first, starting the Touchable Server, and starting the Touchable Pro app last. This kludge temporarily works, as I can connect and use the app for a while.

The problem is if I load a Live Set it disconnects the Control Surface and the app does does not reconnect to the Control Surface when the new set loads. Thus, I have to minimize Ableton, shut down the Touchable Pro app and server, and start them all back up again every time I change what I’m working on, or if I forget to load the set prior to starting the server. This makes for a very awkward work flow.

I’m running Live 10.1.13 on the latest Windows 10 and using an Android Tablet. The fact that I can get it working seems to mean there’s simply an issue with reestablishing proper communication to the server. The server on Windows does say “Control Surface Responding: Yes”, but the app always says the control surface is not responding unless I restart the server. This is so close to working properly.

Here are my logs:

Hi,

sorry for the super long wait. We finally got a fixed date for the update release (tomorrow in two weeks), the update contains a full server/connection rewrite. if you can’t wait, please send your mail address to our helpdesk http://help.touch-able.com , and we will send an invite for the beta.

best

Pascal