Controlling Live on a Mac w/ touchAble Pro on Windows?

Hello everyone. I’ve been running touchAble Pro on an iPad Pro to control Ableton on Mac OS for years but have recently become interested in the possibility of a much larger touch interface without having to run multiple iPads. Is it possible to use a Windows touchscreen based computer running touchAble Pro to control Ableton Live on Mac OS? Any thoughts or info on the topic is greatly appreciated!

Edit: Also, does anyone know the maximum supported resolution of touchAble Pro on a Windows based device? I’m a Mac guy through and through but the Microsoft Surface Studio 2 has caught my eye for design work and the resolution is 4500 x 3000. Dimension wise, it will almost perfectly fill the spot in my slanted desk where one of two 28" 3840 x 2160 displays currently reside below a 49" 5120 x 1440 ultrawide. I just want to be sure that I’ll be able to actually use all of that screen real estate as a controller for Ableton.

Thanks!

Hi,

that is already possible, but not yet via wired connection.

The resolution of touchable’s GUI is adaptive, but i must confess, that we haven’t yet tested it with such a size and resolution. The used icons may look blurry on that size.

Best

Pascal

Thank you for the info! I have one other question… On the purchase page for the Windows version of touchAble Pro it lists the Xbox One as a compatible OS. Could I buy the latest version of the Xbox One console and pair it with a touchscreen monitor to run touchAble Pro to control Live on my Mac Pro?

I must confess, i wasn’t aware of it. We have not actively added this information. We probably have missed this new feature on a certain store update, similar to the release of the first Mac with an M1 processor making all iOS App compatible to Mac OS running on a machine with this processor type. Since UWP Apps - other than the classic windows programs - must match a certain standard similar to iOS Apps it is very likely that touchAble will run on an XBOX, when other UWP Apps can do so.

If someone has an Xbox, we would send him a redeem code to test, would be a nice way to use touchAble.

Best

Pascal

After further research it looks like running TouchAble Pro from an Xbox One isn’t going to work so I’m back to purchasing a mini PC and touch monitor to get it running on a surface that’s larger than my iPad Pro. Can you confirm that I’ll be able to run TouchAble Pro fullscreen on a 4K display? I’m about to pull the trigger on a 4K touch display and want to be sure the app supports the 3840x2160 resolution since, on the iOS version at least, it is running at 2732x2048.