Few presale questions for returning user

Hi guys.

I am about to reorder Touchable Pro for my new Ipad. I intend to use it by following your standard connections guide etc.

I used touchable years ago and it was great. I especially liked the melodic keyboard which was similar to the one in Push.

I do have some additional presale questions now.

1. Is the melodic and standard (piano)keyboard still available in the latest version for the ipad?

2. Assuming I don’t want to use tight Live integration at a time and that I only want to use melodic keyboard and its own scales and layouts, can I use touchable in that way to just send midi out to Cubase or Reason for example?

Basically I would like to use melodic tools (keyboard and scales) to play and send midi notes to other DAWs. Is that possible? Seems logical but better to ask.

To send midi out from my ipad I usually use the Midi Mux app for Ipad or Ik Multimedia Irig Midi 2 which has hardware midi port connected to my mioxl hardware midi patchbay.

I guess it could work out?

1. I also have two Dell touch screens on my windows 10. Later I intend to purchase Touchable for windows. Same question as for ipad. Can I use the windows version to send out touchable midi keys data to other DAWs like Reason?

I understand that touchable is tightly working with Live and its own devices. I get that,however I am interested in whether it can send midi data to other DAWs.

1. Do you think I will have a better (stable,less latency) connection if I connect Ipad to my Windows 10 via usb to lighthing cable?

2. Back to Ipad - my ipad was shipped with ios14. I have found a thread in your forum suggesting that touchable does not work nice with ios14.

Is that still true? Or that was fixed?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Hi,

yes the isomorphic grid is still part of the app.

Hi,

this is in general possible. Midi coming from touchAble is send to the touchAble MIDI port. This port can also be used in other Applications.

Yes.

A cable connection is usually faster (2ms latency) and more reliable than Wifi. When you run touchAble on the same device (Windows touch monitor), than it’s even faster.

This issue has been covered in the meantime.

if you like to test the app, you can join the beta:

Best

Pascal