Issues on win10/ios

Hello,

I got some issues with newly purchased touchable pro for ios and win10:

• Download of 1.566 server is just 1kb
  • I used 1.563 then
  • there is no “Script input” / midi device
  • I can connect via wifi, but its not fluently and there is jitter (jumping of faders, slow reaction …)
  • Do I need iTunes? I installed the version from this website
  • In touchable, I see 2 connections with different latencies. Same computer/versions but one is ipv4 and one ipv6
  • There is no input from touchable via midi keyboard

Can you help me?

Best

Hi,

sorry there seems to be an issue with the server we uploaded, please take this link for now.

Our homepage will be updates asap.

Best

Pascal

If you can connect touchAble to live, you seem to have the right version.

this work should be done by rpt midi, which is installed automatically within the touchable server install. in case something went wrong, please try to install the current version from tobias errichsens website:

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

Due to issues with ipv6 connections we currently provide ipv4 and ipv6 connections. please select the one with the lowest latency.

best

Thanks, it’s working now.

Do you know how to avoid jitter? Is it better to use an usb cable or will that introduce other problems?

Is it normal that parameter changes are not 100% fluently (visually)? From ableton to app its relatively fluently, but not the other side.

Best

Hi,

using a usb connection is always the way to achieve the smallest latency ~1-5ms.

Although Live will have it’s limitation when it comes to visible feedback for volume meters/playing positions:

• if studio mode (server icon -> options -> studio mode on) is enabled:

-> visible feedback will have an update rate of 16ms minimum due to lives feedback update rate

• if studio mode (server icon -> options -> studio mode off) is disabled:

-> we force live to increase the update rate by a factor of ~2, by sending sysex. this increased update rate has the side effect, that is messes up the undo history.

best

pascal

Thanks, that also worked well! That was exactly what I meant. I hope Ableton will allow a fix for that undo-history problem in future.

One last question: I notice some “fader jumps”. For example when I move the volume fader in the app slowly from top to bottom, in Ableton then sometimes it stucks at a certain position and after a few ms it’s jumping to the next, actual position. Is that a wlan problem?

Best
Chris

By tapping the connection icon in the top bar, a list will appear displaying all possible connections.

• ipv4 network (wired/wifi)
  • ipv6 network (wired/wifi)
  • usb provided by apples mobile device framework

Selecting the connection with the lowest latency should prevent you from encountering the described ‘jumps’.

Though there may always be latency jumps, if you are for example connected to other networks or the internet, that may call for updates, etc.

Best

Pascal

1 Like