Last 1.7.10 script does not install on windows

V 1.7.10 app launches again on my ipad 3 wifi (no crashes!!) but the Windows server script does not install in the Ableton midi remote scripts folder :grin: .
Have a nice day guyz ! :grinning:

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience. I guess this is related to Live10 only? I tested on Live11 on win and Live 10 and 11 on mac… but forget to test Live10 on win. Just did a test and found the issue.

Best

Pascal

Hello ! Thanks ! But it still does not work . And i am on live 11.0.2 and live 11.0.5b5, windows 10 last update . I tested to uninstall and re-install , I tested to install it with the daemon again . And did those with and without admin right to . strange . :grin: .Have a good day !

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the feedback. We modified the installer and server that way that you shouldn’t start it with admins permissions any more. I just tested starting the server with admin permission and this indeed leads the Script install script to fail. Installing without granting admin permissions though works fine. I will do some more tests and get back to, you if i find something.

Best

Thanks ! I managed to intall it as non-admin . I don’t know why but my computer execute all programs with admins rights…weird . Then i removed those right to touchable and the script installed !

Hi,

thanks again for the feedback. You may have noticed that the scripts are now installed via a .bat script (much easier for us to implement and execute). This script indeed needs admin privileges to work properly. But these have to be granted before executing the script, if the executing application already has admin privileges it fails to install… weired enough.

I will try try to find a solution to get it working in any case… at least warn the user in case the install fails asking him to copy the scripts manually.

Thanks for your help

Pascal

Yes, i saw the batch part . that seem to be a windows bug ?! not granting access to prg that already have them and ask for them… That’s certainly tricky evil bad program ! :rofl: . The Ability to install the script manually would be good to in case of failure . thanks !

Unfortunately i couldn’t find a workaround to copy the scripts in case the server has been started with admin privileges, but added a warning asking the user to start the server without admin privileges when installing the scripts, or copy the manually.

Best