Live 10 & touchAble Pro not working!?

Hey guys,

I installed the latest version of the server, but still not working!? Couldn’t even connect using both USB-C &/or Wi-Fi!

Please help!!!

Hey,

sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please post your specs?

iOS/Android/Win <-> Win/Mac

including the current os versions?

Best

Pascal

I have same issue, Windows 10, Live 10, iPadOS 13.6

The Windows server app (.566 and .567) will not stay running after launched.

For me too. I can get it launched and it seems to work fine whilst connected, then after a while it just loses connection. I also have no way to connect via USB, so am forced to use wifi.

I’m on PC, Dell XPS15 7590 32G Ram, 1 TB SSD 64 bit, Ableton Live 10.1.17, Serv version 1.567
iPad Air (3rd Gen) v 1.567 CS

Can anyone advise whether they are getting stable performance from this app. I am about to give up persevering with this app…which is a pity!

Same here. No respond from support for a week.

I bought TouchAble Pro a week ago, and installed touchAble server. But I can’t connect either vie USB and WiFi. On WiFi connection icon is red, on USB it gets white, but never gets blue. I see in server status “Devices plugged via USB: 1”, and when I click connection icon is shows “Control Surface not responding”.

I’m trying with:
iOS app ver 1.566 (seen in Connection status)
OSX server ver 1.567 (seen in a downloaded file from this site)
iPhone7 plus, iOS 13.06
iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3
MacBookPro with Catalina 10.15.6

HI,

even though working on it most of the time, we still have to accent, admitting some major problems still exist. Main goal: rewriting the App, server and scripts has been to serve a steady communication protocol, vanishing the problems known from touchable3/pro from later versions. Obviously we haven’t yet been able to fulfil this goal.

You can try THIS, it worked for me:

check touchAbles log-file (C:\Program Files\TouchAble\1566.log), scroll down and check which TCP port it is connecting to.
Check if the port is occupied by another application. I used CurrPorts (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html) for this.
If it IS occupied, you probably found the reason why it wasnt working.
In my case, it was used by “Armory Crate”, a system tool of my asus MoBo.
Once I uninstalled that app, restarted and killed its remaining processes, touchAble was working like a charm.

I had to invest several afternoons to figure this out, hope it helps you too

Hi,

Today I bought the upgrade from Touchable 3 to Touchable Pro. To my disappointment, USB connection isn’t working and Wifi doesn’t manage to connect.

Specs : Mac mini 2012 (quadcore i7 version) with Catalina 10.15.7 and iPad Air 2 with IOS 14.1 (and multiple re-install)

Seems like the connection problems still exist ?

Update: I tried with my iPad mini 2 on IOS 12.4.8 and not working either … after re-install !

Hi there,
long time user, first post on here.
experiencing same issue with connection problem.
have updated the server and the app with the latest release, using live 10 on win 10 and ios 14.1 on iPad pro 1st gen
doesn’t show any connection status in ios and nothing under available devices in the windows app

is there any work around for this? should I downgrade my OS? I had no issues with it on ios 13.x with iPad pro, cannot recall which version of the touchable pro I was running at the time.
testflight app is also broken :frowning:

Hi,

sorry for the late reply we are still working on the fixes related to iOS 14 mainly related to graphics and the network.

Could you please try to remove the App the device and reinstall it. Since iOS14 the the user has to allow acces to multicast connections. As long as this permission is not granted the network connection will not work.

Best

pascal

Hi,

Could you please let us know, if your mac is connected to your network via Wifi or cable, we encounterd a new iOS 14 problem with device connected via cable.

best

hello pascal

I have a new iPadair iOS 14.2 cable doesn’t work
wifi network works

thank you

Hello,

The app stopped connecting on my side as well. Windows 10, server v1567, Ipad IOS 14.2. I cannot connect, both wifi and cable doesn’t work. This appeared recently. Any ideas?