Mac OS X 10.15.7, Live 10.1.3, Server 1622 - No Connection

Server and app are on the same version and I see a red triangle in the app since I downloaded a few weeks ago. Followed all installation steps - is this where we put in support requests?

Thanks,

Q

So when I click the “Help Desk” option on the Touchable Server it takes me to this page. Is this really a help desk? I asked a question over a week ago and haven’t gotten any advice on what to do next, for a software product I paid money for.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, could you please let us know which mobile device type you are using (Android/iOS) and which version you work with. You cann find the app version, when tapping on the connection button in the top bar.

Best

Pascal

@Pascal I’m using an iPad on with iPad OS 14.3. The version of touchAble Pro on the iPad is 1.6.22

Thanks for getting back. In regards of connection this should be the latest stable version. Could you try the following to narrow down the source of the problem:

• delete the app from your device and reinstall it. touchable requires special network permissions granted by you. Sometimes ios failes to promt the required permission pop up.

• connect your iOS device via USB cable, and see if the connection works.
  • activate log mode (Log mode : Yes) via the servers context menu (see image attached) and upload the log. The log can be found here:

/Users//Library/Preferences/Zerodebug/Touchable//log.txt

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 00.17.58

Thanks.

@Pascal Yesterday I reinstalled the app on my iPad, and granted the app the required permissions when booting up. Still the same problem.

I connected via USB cable, touchAble is able to control Ableton.

This morning, attempted to connect via wireless, and it worked for the first time successfully.

Log showed connection refused errors early on, but perhaps that was because the app had not been opened on my iPad yet?

Anyway, I’ll continue to monitor and test with updates if needed.

Thanks,

Q