MIDI mapping not functional?

Seems to be completely non-functional for me. For example: if I create a button in the template editor and assign it a MIDI Channel/CC, then try to MIDI map that button to a function in Live, it does not work. I can assign remote control going through Touchable’s internal ‘targeting’ system for parameter control, but I assume the standard MIDI mapping should work. IT always worked fine with T3, and I have a number of other MIDI controllers working fine with my system.

Can someone test/confirm this behavior?

Hey,

sorry for the inconvenience. Have you set up Ableton Live according to our guide? It seems no MIDI comes through.

Best

Pascal

Hi, yes. Mine looks just like that, but no luck. Live’s incoming MIDI signal indicator does not flash.

Hi,

just to be sure no midi is coming through, could you please check the Keys Module and try to play some midi keys, while observing the live midi indicator?

Best

Pascal

Sure, just confirmed that I can play instruments with the keys module. I was also able to MIDI map items in Live to the keys/pads in the keys module. The Live MIDI indicator also flashes when receiving a signal from the keys module. Still nothing in the editor though.

Doing some more research. Interestingly, sliders & rotaries MIDI map perfectly fine. Its just buttons with an issue! I create a toggle style button in the editor. Before mapping it to anything, I can click it once and it changes color to ‘on’, click it again, changes color to ‘off’. But once I try to assign that button a MIDI CC, it seems to default back to a momentary button. Momentary is not checked in the editor. A little progress though.

Latest update: I am now able to use template editor buttons mapped with MIDI CC’s to control Live. Progress! But one thing I still can’t get working is making the button a toggle. It only works as a momentary switch. If I uncheck ‘Momentary’ in the editor box, it no longer works.