Parameter Connection Lost when selecting new unmapped parameter

I’ve already told this support about 3 months ago, but as they seem overloaded/have other focus I ask the community now. I’m having this problem since I first installed touchable Pro in December. I’m having this in every Live version since then. (9.7.5, 10.0.6 and also in 10.1b14)
I run Live on Windows 10 v1809, but also happened with a completely different system on v1803 and v1709.

I use a Samsung Tab 10.5 on Android 8.1 and a bq Aquaris x5 plus on Android 7.1.1.
Currently on the latest shop version and server/script 428, app 1.0.429
rtpMidi 1.1.10

The problem in particular is, that I lose the parameter connection when I touch (with the mouse) an (in touchable) unmapped parameter. So let’s say I open up Tal-Bassline 101 in Device View and see the last recent used parameter VCF Cutoff. When I move it in touchable everything works. But when I use the mouse and move let’s say Envmod, suddenly when moving the VCF Cutoff slider it stops somehow working in the the plugin. It loses connection.

The same thing can be observed when using the XY view. When I have mapped X->VCF Cutoff, Y->VCF Resonance, and switch back to the XY view, moving the dot works as intended on the device. But once I change any other parameter in the VST with the mouse, the dot does not change the X and Y parameters any more, the parameter connection is lost. I have to remap the parameters, so it does start to work again. Touchable is still connected though!

Support said this is not reproducible on their side, but I really can’t believe my setups are so special, that it only happens on my 2 devices and my 2 computers.

I already tried removing all other Midi devices in Live’s preferences with no success.
Also without success was using the option -_PluginAutoPopulateThreshold=-1

Anyone else has a similar setup, where it is working or has the same problems?
Thanks in advance.

Just found out why this may be happening.
The Options.txt Parameter
-_PluginAutoPopulateThreshold=-1
seems broken in Live 10.0.6 and 10.1b
It does not auto-populate anymore, and worse, sometimes Live even auto-populates all parameters if I haven’t even set the parameter in options.txt.

The problem with relying on this parameter goes further, because Ableton does not officially support these parameters. I can’t even make a bug report for them (although I did in their beta bug forum now).
One more problem of this autopopulate is, that plugins like Diva have more than 128 parameters, so not all get mapped and if I move an unmapped parameter, touchAble will again lose the connection with all previously mapped parameters.

I hope this behavior gets fixed by touchAble, because no other control surface I use behaves like that.
Hope that this parameter will not be relied upon in a future version, otherwise touchAble is not useable in the studio right now.

Hi,

could you maybe circumvent this issue by using MIDI assignments instead of parameter assignments? We hope to find a fix for this behaviour.

Best

Pascal