Studiomux 4.1.6 working on ipadOS14.4

Somewhat a coincidence when i failed to downgrade ipadOS to 13 … downgrade failed and i had to restore my ipad completely from itunes. Itunes downloaded ipadOS14.4 and i restored my data from the itunes backup. After restore, i started all my music apps to restore varios in app purchases and by accidet i started studiomux 4.1.6, and it WORKED, no more black screen and the application ran smootly. I was psyked, and without hesitation i uninstalled itunes (latest version of itunes requiered to restore ipadOS14.4), and all the apple software and drivers. Downloaded the older install of itunes and studiomux server 3.13 on zerodebugs support homepage, and installed.
Studiomux application and server on windows 10, now WORKS like a charm, Happy days are here again!

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the info. So the store version is working on the latest iOS again? This is super confusing. It required major changes (e.g. we had to change the memory handling for AUs) to get it working on iOS 14.

All the best

pascal

Auv3’s definitely crash it on my Air 3 unless AUM is used, & i have re-installed all the various possible combinations umpteen times. . One IAA channel can be used ok , any more than that causes audio distortion in Ableton (Win 10). It’s still working on devices prior to ios 14. Maybe the user above is only using 1 channel & no AUV3’s ?

Any idea of an ETA for a fully functioning release of the new version?
Thanks!

I agree Pascal, its confusing … but i am using the app store version, on IOS 14.4 and windows 10 with no issues. The only thing i have noticed is that the studiomux app has freezed once on startup, but a simple restart of the ipad resolved the issue and the app started again after reboot of Ipad. You do still, on the PC be sure to use the older version of itunes and be sure to also to remove the apple software and drivers, prior to reinstall of the old version of itunes.
/Fredrik

Hi iso,
I am using the studiomux app stand alone and togeter with audiobus 3, with apps and audio units with no issues.
Kind regards
/Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik! It’s a no go for me over here. Been using it for about five years issue free until ios14. Beta not working either yet …looks like you got lucky! Hangin on for a working new version now…

Hi,
Been sick after Christmas and found time noodling with studiomux after taking over an old ipad air 2 from my wife … Got the setup working flawlessly and want to share my findings if helpful to anyone out there …

so, here is the description

• Ipad Air 2, IOS 15.7, studiomux v.5.123
  • Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, OS build 22631.2861, studiomux_5.140.exe.

What and how-to it ended up working …

1. Used a uninstall program for apple software, Revo uninstaller free.
  2. Uninstalled all existing apple products - itunes, apple update, Apple mobile device support, bonjour.
  3. Uninstalled studiomux_5.140.exe with Revo uninstaller.
  4. Re-boot:ed windows to unsigned drivers [hold shift - when restart windows, then startup/boot options and hit 7 for unsigned drivers installation]
  5. Downloaded old itunes package from apple, itunes 12.4.3 64bit. [from mars 2016, windows7]
  6. Installed itunes 12.4.3 and studiomux_5.140.exe in unsigned drivers mode.
  7. Uninstalled itunes and apple updater with Revo uninstaller.
    [ended up with only Apple Mobile Device Support 9.3.0.15, Apple application support 32bit 4.3.2 and Bonjour 3.1.0.1]
    8.Tested studiomux_5.140 and connected server to ipad application. Ran tests with vst3 in [reaper v7.07 and reason 12.7.1d91 build 15 467], multiple vst3:s with AU synths and IAA:s, dropouts when my wifes old ipad air 2 hit 100% DSP:s, ended up with a best practice using AUM to send to one IAA bus to studiomux, less DSP/CPU load in mixing in AUM and even got some DSP headroom for a insert compressor in mixbox on the bus send channel!

Happy days are here again …thanks Pascal!
/Fredrik

PS. Pascal, hoping you get studiomux operational for IOS 16,17 and forward … then i can use the ipad pro M2 instead and really crank the cpu power up!. DS

1 Like