studiomux 5 beta

Maybe the problem is, that CopyTrans is installing the most resent versions. I did install this a long time ago. But who knows.

Dear all,

Maybe, this can help.

I succeed to make it works on Windows 10 with perfect sound.

My configuration is:
iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) with iOS 14.4
Windows 10 - 64 bits (20H1)
iTunes 12.10.8.5 for Windows (64-bit) downloaded from (https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6562)
last beta studiomux_5.030.exe

The trick I found to make it works without having a sound like a siren is to DEACTIVATE all the network interfaces in Windows 10 (including also the WIFI network interface on Windows 10). The WIFI interface on the iPad can still be activated but you will not be able to communicate with the PC.

@ Pascal : To help you debugging, I thing there is an issue on the USB audio transfer protocol when at least one Network interface is activated on the Windows since the siren sound comes back if I reactivate my LAN interface or Wifi interface on Windows.

The issue with this trick is that I can only have the audio connection between my iPad and Windows and therefore it is not possible to send midi message via WIFI to control the iPad (as a virtual synth) neither to connect to internet from the windows PC.

Good luck for debugging this issue and thank you for your work !

Cheers

1 Like

AWESOME. Tried disabling networks and it worked !
Have some trouble inserting effects (it mutes the sound) and some trouble resizing auv3 Windows.
The windows plugin crashes a few times and then it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that the above advice works, even with latest CopyTrans drivers. Make sure to deactivate network adapters (simply switching off WiFi won’t do it). IAA plugins crash instantly, however, and some AUv3 plugins don’t show up as AUv3.

I don’t really consider this to be “working”, but it does possibly point to where the problems may be occurring…progress of sorts i suppose…looking forward to having a nearer to release version to test soon…

Hi,

thank you very much for the info. I will try to deactivate the network connection from App side by default wihtin the next update.

I could also reproduce the distorted Audio issue on Windows. It seems like the Network connection automatically creates a new connection, even though the iOS device is connected via USB resulting in two connections sending Audio twice.

Regarding the USB drivers for Windows: You can download the from our webpage:

https://zerodebug.com/server/AppleUSBDriver.zip

A will also prepare a installer for windows, that will install all drivers automatically. We have already done the same for touchable.

Best

Pasca

I hope someone rewrites the Studiomux manual.

Finally, I got it working on windows 10. With clean audio but there is a slight delay between Left and Right channels. Also latency is a bit higher.

No improvement here with latest Testflight 5.032 & current Beta sever 5.030. Win 10, Ableton 11 ios 14.4

App still reports two sample rates & buffer sizes on launch
Server still reporting two usb inputs. (1 active) I only have one idevice plugged in
Still large audio burst when first selecting channel upon fresh launch
Audio still distorted in Ableton when playing an instrument on the iPad & streamed via Studiomux into Ableton
App reporting two usb connections when there is only one iPad connected (50 ms & 2ms )

1. Windows server 5.0.3 doesn’t work in windows 10 pro 2009 (last version), same like server 3.03
  2. beta in Ipad air 2 , iOS 14, at least open it…looks good, but do not load IAA instruments

PLEASE, FIX THIS APP AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!

Hello.

Long time user here. I just updated the server to 5.030. This killed the older version even though I changed the name and backed it up. Now I can’t connect either iPad to the studiomux server for midi to and from the Mac thereby killing my huge Lemur templates for Logic.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to at the least get midi functionality working again?

Thanks so much and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Is studiomux dead in IOS 14?

Even worse. It’s neither dead nor alive. It’s an undead zombie that will destroy your speakers, headphones, and hearing, and still won’t work. Unless you’re a special person with a special Windows 10 PC and you disable your network connection and do just the right dance after sacrificing a goat. But you have to do that each time. Most who have tried have run out of goats.

2 Likes

In my case is worse, studiomux beta, just open, nothing else…no sounds, no nothing.
I don’t know if the developers have the intention to fix this, and give us a new working version SOON.
Incredible!

Mac OSX Big Sur 11.2.3, Ableton Live Suite 11.0 running on a 2019 Macbook Pro with iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 14.4

Installed the latest server, iOS app from Testflight, AU plugins and tried feeding audio from Studiomux to Live without success.

I put Audiomux generator on a midi channel, launched Audiomux server, selected iPhone as the device - it would not let me select any channels - fed that midi channel output to an audio channel in Live, input monitor and record enabled both, then each individually, then went into Audio Midi Setup and enabled iPhone audio input through there. I also enabled midi input from iPhone and Audiomux in Ableton Midi settings. Also enabled Audiomux in midi in/out ports of apps I have used to test (Animoog).

None of the above has worked in getting the audio signal from Audiomux to Live. I can see midi signal coming in but that’s about it.

I’d appreciate any advice on making this work and hope you guys continue working on it until it’s operational and ready for release :slight_smile:

Some people have reported success on mac. You need to launch the server before Ableton, if you launch it after Ableton it won’t work…

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately that did not work, I tried all sorts of configurations when launching Audiomux / Live - iOS app first, then server, then Ableton / server-app-Ableton / Ableton-app-server etc.

Now I can’t even see midi come into Live from Audiomux anymore and also had the iOS app crash on me randomly. Tried bunch of other apps too, like Elastic Drums and the Bismarck synth as midi/audio sources.

The Beta is seemingly a long way away from Prime Time…no real progress in Win 10 either as far as i can see, some communication from the developers would be most helpful, there has been no news from them in this thread for a while now…

Any news on the progress please?

I hope they get it working one day. Back to good old fashioned audio cables for now :smiley: