studiomux 5 beta

+1

Yes, please Pascal

As some of us have these problems and others not, I tried with different devices and noticed something interesting.
I still have an older iPad Pro 9.7" and with this device input in AUM is clean.
But the issue is present on iPad Pro 11" 3rd generation and on iPhone 12.
I am also wondering, if AUM might be responsible for that. It was about the same time when AUM 1.3.11 came out with massive changes: multiple inputs (new setting for input device). Maybe I am completely wrong, but I could imagine …

I hope that Pascal is ok.

Aha… @Josef you’re correct. I found my old iPad mini 2 still had AUM 1.3.10 on and it works as it should with Studiomux 5.123, audio passed cleanly from desktop and then back via AUM.

So, my experience is AUM 1.3.11 worked for audio pass through with the now disappeared Studiomux 5.147 beta.

AUM 1.3.11 does not work with Studiomux 5.123 (distorted audio)

AUM 1.3.10 works with Studiomux 5.123 (current App Store version).

Thanks Steve for your respond. So there might be a chance, if Studiomux 5.147 were released. Very sad, that the development stopped.

ok this is working on my ipad mini 2 and windows 11, however its having some buffer issue at a buffersize of 512. It wont let me go any higher. So I get this tape warbling sound when using it with Zeeon synth at the moment. Probably happens on everything. So its not quite ready folks.

I also do not see how to midi learn a device control from my DAW or hardware synth.

I do not see any midi learn function for the moog model D. Maybe its not there?

moog model d au doesn’t have a midi learn feature in any host.

@Pascal: please release the latest beta to the app store. A number of people have commented that the current app store version has many problems that you fixed in the beta.

1 Like

Some good news. As reported here, Studiomux 5.123 (the current App Store version) doesn’t play well when sending audio to AUM and back (AUM 13.11 and up). However, Visual Swift is an app that offers a couple of AUv3 effects, a TX and RX, which you can insert in Studiomux (the TX) and AUM (the RX) and get clean audio passed through.

Visual Swift looks like it can do all kinds of things, but in this case it’s as simple as inserting the AUv3s in the respective FX slots, no learning curve required. Massive thanks to @Pynchon and @ptr_jan on the Audiobus forum for discovering this.

5 Likes

Thank you very much, Steve for sharing, I am so happy about this! And really easy to do, I could hardly believe it.

@Pascal is there any chance that you will release the last beta to the App Store? People have reported issues with the App Store version that seemed to be resolved in the last betas.

If further development isn’t going to happen that would be good to know, also.

Studiomux cant even display correctly to show the entire Drambo session. And it cannot load Au instruments in there at the same time. Studiomux is a great idea but the execution is poor. Why are plugins loading up in half screen mode? Studiomux needs be a host in the background not the foreground. The apps we use should be full screen and easy to use. So far Studiomux isnt working. I couldnt get the audio working this morning. It was working but not now. send feedback to apple Feedback - iPad - Apple

Contacting Apple won’t help. The developer is responsible…and apparently no longer interested in supporting the app.

In the last beta, it worked well to use studiomux just for the iPad/Mac connection but doing hosting in AUM

so will it work well if we use AUM combined with Studiomux and Drambo? How d owe set it up?

ok I got this working for windows 11. mostly. Does ableton link Transport start stop work for everyone? Its not working for me from the DAW. The tempo is syncing the audio is working. but transport controls from Bitwig to studiomux are not. What is going on?

Hey all - I hate to call out into the abyss like so many others but is Pascal or anyone working on this stuff anymore? It’s a shame as it was WAY better than anything else out there (when it worked).

If it’s a case of Apple putting on blockers for other developers to utilize what they’re using for IDAM, I would understand but it seems like everyone working on this just disappeared.

3 Likes

yeah i have been asking apple repeatedly to take over this project

2 Likes

2023, if you roll up, and it looks abandoned, IDK, but I couldn’t get anything to work on current MacOS/iOS from what I saw documented. Bummer, was cool stuff. That said, I had recently bought StudioMux, so asked apple for a refund and they were cool with that, just referencing the developer website and others that had requested refunds. Also, I ended up using Apple IDAC, worked for what I needed. Good Luck!

Hey bud,

Sorry to prod old replies – can you link up any info on the Apple IDAC?

It’s IDAM

1 Like