StudioMux in Windows 10 v19 not working

I am replying here, since my newbie status prevents me from replying to the Beta thread…

===

@iso I think most if not all the success people have reported so far were achieved on the MacOS, I tried Win 10 briefly, and depending the OS version, it either would not work at all, i.e., the server immediately crashed, or with Ableton’s audio stuck on full volume when connected to the iOS app.

For me it did crash (Studiomix 4 server on Win10). But then I downgraded iTunes from the link here and it stop crashing. But the thing is Studiomix 4 will not load on iOS 14, so it is a no go, anyway. After installing Studiomix 5 beta, everything works great. If not, try the iTunes link from this thread.

Thanks for the tip, I will try downgrading iTunes and give the Windows server another try.

Thanks!..yes that’s the conclusion i came to as well, unfortunately there is a tester who is reporting success on Windows , which is probably the worst result for Pascal, because there must be some sort of variable factor causing this, so will probably be a PITA to track down & solve.

The released version will load on your iPad but you need to shut down & restart your iPad each time you use it. AU’s will crash it (fine if hosted in AUM) & only one audio channel will play back properly in Ableton…but is enough if you work one track at a time. All working on os prior to 14. Wish i hadn’t updated my OS now…apple breaking stuff again…

Only one audio channel works in Win 10?! Then it’s not even worth testing IMO… I’m happy with the “one-way” audio and MIDI on the Mac, which is pretty much how I plan to use the setup in any case.

I think you misunderstood. In the official non Beta Studiomux, which ios 14 broke, which still works perfectly in ios 13 & below, only one audio channel works in Ableton without distorting. The Beta in windows on ios 14 hasn’t worked at all yet in any of my tests or with any of the builds. However there is a tester in the other thread that has reported success. This is a Beta build, I don’t really expect it to work until it does! We are testing each new build so that the developers can progress to a working app, which can then ,(hopefully soon) be released to the general public…cheers…

I see, too bad I have iOS 14.3, so it wouldn’t work for me anyway.