Tablet Size / Resolution optimized selection

Hi,

I have to select the appropriate tablet, which will then be used for touch able pro. What is the basis for touch able pro to calculate how much information will be shown on the screen. DPI, PPI or screen size? In other words. What effect does a bigger screen with the same resolution (most of them have 1920x1080) have? Are the elements then just bigger, or will be also shown more information content (controls etc.). Same question for resolution. Does a higher resolution just show it sharper, or will it be then show another arrangement of (more) elements, therefore more information content.
Second question: In the case that a higher resolution just shows it sharper, it would mean, that a small screen size effects in small UI elements. So, based on your experience, which size of a screen is a good one, that the elements can be selected and moved precisely. AFAIK too huge has also a disadvantage, because of more unpresized movements of the arm instead of the hand. Which size you would recommend? 15"?

Hi,

screen size matters :).

internally we distinguish between two screen sizes: mobile phones and others. on mobile phones the split screen is not available.

the number of shown tracks, scenes, devices… is freely arrangeable. see screenshots as example.

i actually prefer an ipad pro to control clips and faders. since you can use multiple devices running touchable controlling live, it is also pretty handy to use a second device, e.g. an iphone to just one modlue (filter, editor for example)

Best

Pascal

Hi,

wow this is so cool…its definetly they way my controller setup will go.
Thanks for the info. So when you distinguish internaly tablet and phone, for the tablet I can select more elements on the screen no matter of resolution (e.g. also a phone can have a pretty high resolution).
To make it more concrete: I am using Android devices. I found two devices One with 15" the other with 21". Both have a resolution of 1920x1080. In fact I can put in then as many af control elements (tracks etc.). as i want just limited by the visibility (the more i select, the smaller they will be), which then means even with the same resolution the bigger screen would give me more flexibility for element arrangement. Right?