touchAble cannot connect to server

Script version: 1673
iPad app version: 1.676
Ableton version: Live 11 Trial 11.0.2
Computer: Mac Mini M1

Server menu says “Control Surface responding: Yes”

I have configured the settings in Ableton Live according to the instructions in the touchAble manual. I have tried connecting with USB and over WiFi (same network on iPad and Mac), but no connections become available. The wifi button is red and there are no servers listed.

I have tried restarting both of my devices. I have also searched the existing topics, and found no useful information to help me. People are saying that the latest version does work with Live 11, so I’m stumped.

The log for touchAble just says “Started Session”

The log for Ableton Live 11 Trial has the following content:

MIDI Clock Type="Song"]
2021-05-07T12:45:12.434020: info: Performance: Startup hook 'EnableMidiRemoteScriptManager': Running time: 102 ms
2021-05-07T12:54:45.165402: info: Default App: Begin SavePrefs
2021-05-07T12:54:45.186587: info: Default App: End SavePrefs
2021-05-07T12:54:45.186880: info: AMidiIO: Midi Remote Scripts: 
  MidiRemoteScript 1 [Control Surface="touchAble" Input="touchAble Script Input" Output="None"]
  MidiRemoteScript 2 [Control Surface="None" Input="None" Output="None"]
  MidiRemoteScript 3 [Control Surface="None" Input="None" Output="None"]
  MidiRemoteScript 4 [Control Surface="None" Input="None" Output="None"]
  MidiRemoteScript 5 [Control Surface="None" Input="None" Output="None"]
  MidiRemoteScript 6 [Control Surface="None" Input="None" Output="None"]
  MidiRemoteScript 7 [Control Surface="None" Input="None" Output="None"]
2021-05-07T12:54:45.186896: info: AMidiIO: Takeover Mode: None
2021-05-07T12:54:45.187167: info: AMidiIO: Midi Devices: 
  MidiInDevice [Name="touchAble", Track=true, Sync=false, Remote=true, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, Sync Type="MIDI Clock", MTC Frame Rate="All", MTC Start Offset=0]
  MidiInDevice [Name="touchAble Script Input", Track=false, Sync=false, Remote=false, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, Sync Type="MIDI Clock", MTC Frame Rate="All", MTC Start Offset=0]
  MidiInDevice [Name="Computer Keyboard", Track=true, Sync=false, Remote=false, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, Sync Type="MIDI Clock", MTC Frame Rate="All", MTC Start Offset=0]
  MidiOutDevice [Name="touchAble", Track=false, Sync=false, Remote=false, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, MIDI Clock Type="Song"]

After some more digging, I found this page with supposedly newer beta versions that are meant to work better with Live 11:

https://zerodebug.com/#/beta

However, the downloads for 1.676 and 1.677 are both still just version 1.673. I tried downloading the version listed under the 1.677 heading, just in case the app was updated and the version was not changed, but it still doesn’t work.

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please try wit the latest server:

In case, you still encounter problems, could you please send us a touchAble log, after testing with log mode enabled (touchable server’s system tray icon -> Options -> Log Mode).

/Users//Library/Preferences/Zerodebug/TouchAble//log.txt

Best

Pascal

This isn’t working. I can record tracks, select stuff, but it doesn’t show any tracks recording or tracks recorded. I had 1.673 installed and Touchable was doing this (I’ve been using this program for 2 years now.) I downloaded the version above (1.685) and it still does not work. I’m pretty upset at this point. The IOS versions are 1.676, but I cannot find where to download that server. FIX THIS- this is not a cheap app and we paid for this to work.log.txt (16 Bytes)