touchable pro crashes all the time

hi guys,
my system:
ableton 10.04
OSX mojave
ios12.1
newest touchable pro server and ipad/iphone app

touchable pro crashes all the time when i open the app. it´s not working at all on iphone 7 and ipad air.

when i bought the app everything worked fine. since last week it´s not working anymore. i didn´t change the setup.

i think it has to do with my ableton project since it got bigger (more instruments and tracks)

any solutions?

greetings

Hey Probonobo,

very sorry that you ran into this issue! - i suppose it starts connecting but then crashes during the loading?
We updated the Server & scripts a few times in the last days - which version of the Server are you using atm? Does it say SRV 424 / CS 424 in the connection status window?

Cheers!

yes it does say:
v.424 SRV
v.424 CS

touchable pro works when load up my ableton default project. but when i change to my actual ableton project it doesn´t show tracks, channels, clips. etc.
the upper bar (play, stop, etc.) and right bar where I can choose different views seems to work.
but the main window doesn´t show any clips, channels (except the master track), etc.
it seems that the app is stuck somewhere when a new project is loaded.

the app only works sometimes (not everytime) when touchable pro is already started before ableton.
when the app is already started and then ableton is started thereafter, it shows the same problem as described above.

Aaah good :slight_smile: i was fearing the app would completely crash.
Would it be possible that you send over your Live set so we can investigate?
It does not have to include any samples etc.
Thanks a lot!

yesterday the app crashed all the time, today not.
where can I send the project files?

christian@zerodebug.com would be perfect - thank you!

I am having the same problem, Touchable Pro works fine on small sets and default sets but crashes everytime when loading my larger sets. This never happened on T3.
Specs:
Ableton 10.0.5
OSX Sierra 10.12.6
iOS 10.3.3
Latest Touchable Pro server and ipad/iphone app (v.425)

Christian, can I send you my live set as well? The app crashes after a few seconds everytime.

Thanks
Costas

Also, I just checked the iPhone version and that one works fine!

So, for some reason it’s only the iPad…

Yes please - send it via christian@zerodebug.com - i added all the sets i received so far to our test-bench and we’ll make sure they will run on iPad 2/3 etc.
It’s most definitely the memory limit that the current version runs into - all of the sets could be loaded easily on an iPad Pro, but struggled on older pads that were limited to 512-1024mb of ram. With the latest build we are able to load them fine on these older pads as well.
Few more days till we have it in the store!

Thanks Christian, files are coming your way!

I have the same problem. All my sets usually crash and closed
Will it have a solution? in Touchable 3 they worked ok.
Thanks!

Ipad 2
iOS 12.0.1
Ableton 10.0.5

I installed the update for touchable pro released yesterday and it works fine for me. no crashes on the ipad air anymore. it really looks like the issue was too less ram in older ipads. but now with the new version it works like a charm. thx for the good support even for older ipads. keep up the good work!