touchAble Pro for a touchscreen computer

Hi, I think this might be a stupid question but I couldn’t find the answer in the description. But is it possible to use this product without an iPad or a network or anything, just in the same computer I have the Ableton live? I bought a touchable windows laptop, and I will benefit from something like touchAble to play live with bigger buttons and a simpler interface. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello alehophop!
Welcome to the forum.
I don’t have a real answer for your question, but I suppose this isnt possible.
I’ve been using this app for years and the script you run every time you want to use touchable is expecting to communicate via USB or Network connection.
I believe you would have to have a second computer running windows for the touchable pro app.
I might be wrong.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

I use Ableton and Touchable Pro both on a Surface Go 2, it works fine, even when I shut the wifi off.

1 Like

Hi. I am trying to achieve the same thing as you with a Surface Pro 7. I can’t for the life of me work out how to set it up. Running touchable on my ipad then running Live on the Surface works perfectly. Just can’t seem to get any connection when running touchable on the Surface when running Ableton. ANy tips or steps on how you set yours up would be much appreciated as at the moment I have paid for the windows version but can’t use it. Many thanks

When I have had issues, I make sure everything is up to date and the new scripts are run. Besides that I have been simply following the instructions. I’m running Live 10.