Touchable pro for Bitwig

Hello the team !
just a simple question…
Is it possible for you to make a Bitwig version of touchable pro ?
I know that you have all your work for now on making it for ableton…
But now i use Bitwig to and your software would be welcome :slight_smile:
especially the template maker :slight_smile:

as far as I know Bitwig is working with touch devices already itself, so I don’t know if it would make much sense. I also guess their way to communicate is different to Live, so it would be loads of work to do it …

I suspect that :slight_smile:
But there are many reason why Touchable app would be useful.
First , not everyone have touchscreen and i think more people have ipad or android tablet or phone than people who have computer touchscreen.
Second, the way touchscreen is used in Bitwig is interesting but there is a “fight” between touch function and mouse function.
While using a function can be done with the touchscreen ,some functions that are in connection with are not touchscreen friendly or not implemented for touchscreen .You always have to come back to the mouse.
Then if we could use the touchscreen for everything , i think that could be awesome !
And finally , i don’t think you would have the problem of “losing” tracks or devices id/parameters assigned from bitwig to touchable when moving a track…it’s a supposition and not shure at all but Bitwig seems to have a more friendly instrument/FX/midi , racks etc.
It’s osc compliant to. there are lots of things improved to let coders make powerfull midi scripts.
My deep dream would be to make device template that could be associated with VST that stay associated to it whatever your project, tracks or rack. making for example a DIVA template that would not lose anything whatever you make and connect automatically when diva is loaded in a project.
Since many years, it’s always impossible for now. Not in a userfriendly maner.
And finally contrary to live , Bitwig have no limit in revealing parameters of vst . contrary to live that is limited to 127…
There is a coder in Bitwig channel on kvr . His name is Moss Graber, he make very cool scripts for controllers . He is really kind . Perhaps Touchable Team could ask more “coders” questions to him if they plan one day to make a Bitwig version :slight_smile:

PS : For shure, like the push script was welcomed in Bitwig environement, Touchable would be to.

1 Like

And the API let’s scroll autocratically vertically in arrangement view !!! that’s a revolution ! :smile:

I’ve got a Surface Pro now - so in theory for Bigwig shouldnt need another control surface app at all.

But as it turns out - and as Robin Vincent explains on his Molten Music Technology youtube channel… there are some limitations with using Bigwig in touch mode on surface in a live performance situation - where it might ( until Bigwig fix things ) be beneficial to have Touchable pro controlling bigwig faders or even triggering clips! ( yeah seems daft but go watch Robins review of Bigwig on Surface… )