Touchable pro Stopped connecting

I have been able to run touchable pro for the last week - sometimes I get into a situation where touchable won’t connect to live and says says control surface not responding - re-installing the scripts and restarting seems to cure it.

Now, however, I can’t get a connection at all - I have tried

1. reboot PC.
  2. start touchable service “control service responding no”
  3. start ableton
  4. start touchable pro - “control surface not responding”
  5. quit touchable, the service and ableton
  6. start the service - “control surface responding yes”
  7. start ableton
  8. start touchable pro - "control surface not responding " live version 0.0.0 (should be 10)

I have tried re-installing the script and the touchable service but no joy.
both bonjour and rptMidi service are running according to task manager.

I have temporarily disabled the firewall and still no joy.

Could anyone offer me a solution?

Thanks

PS
I managed to get it to connect once, but changing from the default set to the one I want to run - touchable says control service not responding… Now back to live 0.0.0. This is very frustrating!

Did you use the “special” iTunes bundle from Touchable pro page ? It seems that the last official iTunes from apple server does not work with touchable (with usb connection)

https://zerodebug.com/touchable/win-setup

Which Server version are you on? And is this on Windows or Mac?

Could you check in Lives MIDI / Sync preferences if everything is setup correctly as detailed in the guide?

Thanks for the quick response - it is windows 10 version 1803. It is server version 416.
Lives MIDI sync are setup as per the manual.

I installed itunes and rptMidi as per the manual

It is now working again after another reboot - re-install. It can get in this “not working mode” and then after one or more reboots and re starting the server it then works.

1 Like