Win + USB Not Working

I recently switched my studio from OSX to Windows and I’m having trouble setting up Touchable with my ipad. I finally got it to work over wifi but it’s too laggy for me and I never intended my setup to use wifi. With wifi turned on on the ipad, I see two entries for Live: one as an ip and another as a nic’s mac address. If I disable wifi on the ipad then both connections disappear. I do have it connected via usb and itunes recognizes the ipad as being connected, but touchable server does not. I’m obviously missing something but I followed the directions on the setup page.

Side: Is iTunes necessary?

Thanks for any help,
axon

Setup:
Win 10, Live 10, iPad Pro, iOS v12.2, Touchable server v1.567, Touchable iOS app v1.572

In my experience, iOS doesn’t go well with Windows at all. For me it was neccessary to install iTunes even to move samples to iPad with Windows machine.

I’ve never been able to use Lemur without setting up local wifi.

Can I get an official response from Zerodebug please? As I said, Windows and iTunes recognizes the iPad just fine over USB but Touchable does not. I kinda need this to work as I cannot use this app with 1/2 second latency. Thank you.

EDIT: I don’t normally use touchable on my phone but just to further troubleshoot I installed it and plugged the phone in. Same thing. Wifi connections work in touchable, but with similar lag, but no connection turning wifi off and connecting via USB (even though I updated my phone via USB in iTunes to 14.2).

hi,
if you’ve got a lightning port on your iPad and a spare ethernet port on your switch, as a workaround you could get a cheapo ethernet/usb/lightning adapter. it’s low lag, reliable connection and has charging.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CTLSVKH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i’ve been using a couple of them for a year or so and they been very reliable.

I didn’t know this would work. Thank you! Is there any configuration needed? Or does it “just work”?

I’d still like to hear from Zerodebug as a prominent selling point on this website is connectivity wireless and wired. But I might give this a whirl if I don’t hear anything. Seems like from reading other posts that official support here is a bit spotty which really bums me out.

yeah, this is pretty much plug and play.
the iPad will auto detect the ethernet port and use dhcp.
once connected iPad will prefer ethernet above wifi. if ethernet drops then it will begin to use wifi again.
‘ethernet’ will appear in iPad settings, from there you can do the regular config, if needed.
of note is that some apps detect wifi settings. even if you’re using ethernet, if you disable wifi then some apps will assume you don’t have any connectivity.
just leave wifi enabled.
on the ethernet device i linked to, it has a lightning port. it’s just for charging. the usb is full functional though. i’ve had midi and audio interfaces connected. the device totally opens up the iPad for music.
also, rtp-midi works very nicely over ethernet.

Thanks for the advice, Neil!

Hey,

sorry for the late reply, unfortunately Apple has changed the iTunes installer, the current availble from Apple will not work with touchable. The installer below though, will work with the current touchable server. Please make sure to deinstall iTunes before. Also deinstall the following driver (if installed), since they will not be deinstalled automatically within the iTunes deinstall:

Bonjour64
AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
AppleApplicationSupport64
AppleApplicationSupport

https://zerodebug.com/server/iTunes64Setup.exe

Best

Pascal

Pascal, thanks for getting back to me. I did not install iTunes from Apple. I read and followed the directions on the Touchable server install page and downloaded iTunes from the same link you gave me. What is the next step?

Hi,

We updated the iTunes download link today. The former link on our website led to an iTunes version, that doesn’t work with touchable anymore.

could you please check, if the following packages got installed

Bonjour64
AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
AppleApplicationSupport64
AppleApplicationSupport

You will find them, typing “Add or remove programs”.

If they are available, please delete them. Install iTunes from this source thereafter.

https://zerodebug.com/server/iTunes64Setup.exe

Best

Apologies for the late reply. Your steps worked and my ipad is connecting via USB again. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that it is working again.

Best

Hi. I have purchased Touchable Pro but I cannot make a connection between my PC and iPad when using usb. Wireless works.

Hi,

have you installed iTunes on your machine?

Best

Pascal