Windows App latency

Hi ! there is no connection at the moment with the windows app but i can still open it and when i touch object (like menu button or like if i was “playing” with the piano) there is a biiig latency. i touch and it “react” like half a second later .
Even if i never had this problem with other app using my touchscreen , does it make the same thing with other customers ? i wonder if it is due to my touchscreen or not .

We had this issue at some point during the beta when the graphics driver would fall back to the Software renderer. A graphic driver update solved the issue.
Which graphics card are you using at the moment?

Thanks for the tip !
Geforce GTX 960m with nvidia drivers up to date
and intel HD Graphics 530 … that is now up to date (First october 2018) . and … Still the lag… :no_mouth:

Here is a little gif with as we see print of my finger followed by the note playing…after. nothing compared to the ios app that play simultanously when i touch

playing%20with%20lag

i made another little gif cause we don’t really see how laggy on windows it is on the previous one. i put the frame rate a 25 images/s and with fader…it will be clearerplaying%20with%20lag

But for now i can build templates on my Big window touch screen and put in the ipad (i suppose) …will try it now !! :wink:

ps : the gray dot is my finger, and as we see, the fader move really to late :wink:

A last one. now that the windows app work i put the arrangement position counter of the app just behind the arrangement position counter of ableton live . i use my push 2 to push the button “play” .
playing%20with%20lag%202
then i push play, then stop and reset the position to 1.1.1 .
and both are totaly not synced, the lag is around half a second as i supposed :wink:

ok, Big news.
In fact, it’s only the visual feedback that is laggy.
I tested some of the controls and the piano. It’s in real time. no latency at all, like the ios.
But eveything move visualy after…that’s really a weird sensation ! :wink:

On my machine(nvidiaQuadro3000m)no glitching at all everything snappy…but i saw that you have 2 graphic cards,so maybe there is a conflict between the internal and the other…?if you have a nvidia card den they call it optimus.i saw many pep complaining about this mechanism in the past.i don’t know if they ever solved it…?if i see any glitch i will report later.

I don’t know if there are conflicts between the 2 cards but in fact it work smoothly with all my other touchscreen windows app, no lag at all .

Good news everyone!
We fixed the latency - issue with integrated Intel Graphics. We’ll upload a new build later today that will hopefully be available soon :slight_smile:

We’ll update this thread here once it’s up!

WOUHOU !!! champagne ! :wink: Thanks !

Cool! Happy to hear the app will now be usable on my machine :slight_smile: