Windows app not connecting

hey there, i still cant connect to any server, nothing shows up in the connection tab. I did install the server app and let it run for a while like you recommend. Also i deactivated the firewall, still no luck. Any ideas? I also experience the lag with intel gfx but i guess an update is on its way. Any idea about the connection problem?
Cheers

Hello ! Strange . I had the gfx bug to but till the update of the windows app it diseapered and it run smoothly . Did you download the server version 418 ?

Connections are killed so rapidly in 3.4.3, server 416.
Is older version available or unworkable?

I have not installed those versions, have overlooked that there was an update. After installing server on both machines and the remote app, the gfx lag is gone or close to zero but still no connection is shown in the tab. Im trying to connect via wifi, thats not a problem right?

All good now! Bonjour was not running!

Lol ! Perfect :wink: . Have fun !

Just installed touchAble418.pkg on my iMac and bought the windows app from the microsoft store for my surface pro 4. But is not working :confused:

Server says Controle surface responding: yes
Device responding via WiFi: 0

As you can imagin. Connection-icon stays red on my Surface Pro.

Any suggestions?

From this thread:

Thx for reply.

It’s still not working. Here is what I’ve done so far:

• touchAble Server and Ableton running on iMac
  • Installed touchAble Server on my remote maschine (during the installation process there was one exception caused by the missing itunes, i’ll ignored this)
  • leaved it running (without insalling a script), tochAble App was running as well
  • Closed touchAble Server and the app on my remote maschine
  • Started touchAble app on my remote maschine
  • No connection although touchAble Server and Ableton was still running on my iMac
1 Like

Hm, the only additional thing I could say is:
Do not run the app while having the server running on your remote machine.
MAYBE this causes some kind of conflict, don’t know though.
Restart both machines after doing the server-thing. Shouldn’t
make a difference, but you never know…
Also try it with all anti-virus and firewalls off.

Just to make it easier: It is not necessary to have Ableton Live
running for testing the connection. The app will report that Live
is not running, but will connect to the server anyway.

Deactivated all three firewalls in windows, mac os firewall was already deactivated … still not working.
thx for your help anyway

Hey Bosbolo,

please check via the task manager if the Bonjour Service is running on your Remote machine - if not this might very possibly be the issue.

If it still does not work - could you please enter a CMD terminal on your Remote machine, write:
‘CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -s’
and press enter.

Does the Output contain an Entry like this:
‘[1] -----------------------------------------------------------------
Name: zerodebug.touchablepro_n8xmrrdk4s5k2
SID: S-1-15-2-3233832634-2409982922-1389900683-1806880823-169756758-1879985990-3327328178’ ?

Horray is working now :smiley:
Thx Christian! As you supposed it was the missing Bonjour Service.
I just downloaded it form Apple and it connected right away :smiley: