Windows app not connecting

I’m not shure if i should post for bugs or send them by emails. i post and you will tell me, i will follow what is the more convinient for you .

On Windows app.

The first bug is easy to find…
i did’nt manage to connect to the server.
installed everything in the good order following the instructions on your website.
everything works good with the iPad 2 for connecting.

moreover The windows app has a lag of Something like 0,5s between the moment when i touch Something and the moment it do the thing. like touching a menu button. on the iPad it’s instantaneous .
here are my spec : my touchscreen is a dell is a P2418HT , my laptop is on Windows 10 (spring update) , I7 6700hq, GeForce 960m , 16 go of ram .
ableton live 10.03

have a good work ! :slight_smile:

Hey zengel - the version currently available is still only the beta version - the release version is not patched through to microsofts servers as it seems!

We’ll keep you posted once it’s available, then you should try it again :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Chris

ok ! Got it ! thanks ! :slight_smile:

Same thing for me…got home now downloaded touchAble Pro 1.9.911.0 and nothing?the touchable server says there is a control surface responding:yes but no clue what´s wrong.maybe there is also a new build in the pipline but …?!?I have installed it as you guys explained step by step.

+1 for that - control surface responding but no connection within touchable pro and nothing happens just the menus

Same issue as reported above by Fetrofski and rogwalters, downloaded and installed all software like instalation notes, bought software from Windows store all configured in Live 9 (Touchable) etc… but when i run the Touchable PRO it does not connect (no connection on symbol as red without any connection listed) on touchable server i have Control Surface Responding (YES). Can you help please ?

I very much hope we can!

We’ve uploaded new Servers for Windows here:
https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAble_416_x64.exe
https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAble_416_x86.exe

After installing these please make sure to restart the app before you try :slight_smile:

Please let us know if it works

1 Like

Guten Tag !

Nachdem ich mit der Ipad App sehr zufrieden war, habe ich heute die Windows 10 App gekauft und installiert.

Wie bitte wird diese App mit Windows auf dem gleichen Rechner mit Ableton Live verbunden.

Der Server läuft und das Ipad verbindet sofort.

Die App auf dem gleichen WindowsRechner startet, aber zeigt keine Ableton Tracks.

Was mache ich falsch ?

Hello !

The new server 416 works well here.
Windows 10 x64 (1703 - 15063.0 )
Screen Hanns-G HT225

Thank you very much, good job !

Regards from your neighborhood in Berlin

PS: Den Beitrag darüber habe ich schon gestern verfasst. Wurde aber erst heute frei gegeben.

1 Like

OK, the server work’t but…i had to reinstall the bonjure service!?I think the server installer get in the way of the bonjure service…? And i encounter the first bug in the win app, double tab to reset the fader seem not to work.but great it work finaly,thanks:star_struck:

1 Like

Installed server 416 and is now working perfectly. Thanks for the quick asnwer ! Cheers.

2 Likes

noted! we’ll check the bonjour install as well as the double tap to reset :slight_smile:
cheers for the feedback guys - great to hear that it works now!

Yeah it works now ! Thanks ! one more big step to play with on my touchscreen ! :slight_smile:

Will try server 416 later. Just found it here by coincidence - the announcement at the top of the forum still shows 415.

I have Touchable Pro for Windows working very well here with server version 4.1.6, Win10 x64 v1809, Ableton Live 10.0.3, Acer T272HUL and two other non-touch displays.

I have installed the 4.1.6 server on Windows 10 Pro using a Dell S2240T and that enabled the Touchable App on the same machine to connect, but my remote machine (on the same wireless network, firewall settings for both machines confirmed). I’m able to connect from my iPad and everything works fine.

Additionally, on the local machine, Touchable App is unusable. The response time between a touch and action is nearly 1/2 second.

I have the same issue with touchable windows app hosted on the same pc as ableton live. nearly half a second to.
But in fact even if the visual feedback is half a second , actualy the response time is as fast as the ipad. that’s a really weird effect.
Did you try to use piano or fader on your set from touchable window app on your live set ?
does it react as on my configuration ?
windows 10 dell P2418HT

Please try and install the Server on the remote machine as well - leave it running for a minute or two - then you can quit it and leave it closed. It’s only needed to setup an exception for the app to connect. Afterwards just restart the app and it should connect via local network.
We’ll add this to the setup instructions for windows!

about the latency in graphical updates: we’re on it - it seems to be an issue with internal Intel GFX chips, but i think it’s fixable! Will keep you posted here!

That’s a good news ! Thanks Christian ! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Christian. That’s good news. And yes, the laptop and desktop I’m using are both using Intel GFX built in to the cpu, so it sounds like you’re on the right track.