Ableton Live 11 Beta & TouchAble as a Control Surface Selection is Missing

The moment i wrote this, i got an invation to test Live11. I will get back to you with hoepfully working scripts later this evening (Berlin time)

Best

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this, as I love the Ableton 11 Beta.

Glad it finally worked.
I also had to wait quite a while until I asked for press preference for the invite.

Hi,

got the first working version. We had to change big parts of the the script to get it working. If have tested it a while, but not every detail. Hope it works for you, too.

Best

Pascal

Working for me in 11 Beta!

Awesome, I’ll grab it for some testing the next days as well.
Thanks muchly!
Bit of a bummer being forced to maintain 2 versions now side-by-side for you guys…

But out of curiousity - were there any upsides, seeing the Max for Live api apparently has been changed a fair bit, maybe the Live 11 api had enhancements for you guys as well ?

All the best.
c.

Did a quick test in Live11 beta 023b, and with the settings outline here from 2018 for Windows:
https://community.zerodebug.com/t/setup-instructions-windows/173

And the Good:
Touchable is an option in the preferences again, so the pre-compiled .pyc files work
connection to Live 11 also works.

The bad points:
it’s so slow it’s unusable (i.e. fader movement Live -> Touchable is OK, the other way, Touchable -> Live is stuttering with +500ms to 2000ms delays on all recipients; and disconnecting regularly [i.e. fader / device knob/slider motion in Touchable stutters [had the move occur up to 2 seconds later], or Touchable motion does not arrive in Live at all [occasionally the Touchable controller/slider does jump back after 1-2 seconds, to the position the controller has in Live… but sometimes also not…]… it’s utterly erratic, and if it works, with an unaccaptable delay]

FIrst impression. If there’s known ways to fix & test this further sing out.
Churs.
c.

ps. rtpMidi reports a wifi/midi delay or around 4-10ms only.

I 'm testing on Live11 beta 023b on a Macbook Pro running OS Catalina 10.15.7

Same here: connection works but is SLOOOOOW.

Also: I found that panning right works, but panning left doesn’t.

Yay! Working for me on Live 11 b24. I’m so glad you guys are working on this. It makes me very happy.
It is on the slow side on a mac running big sur with a cable connection. Especially the faders.
Also have the same issue with panning left not working.
Those are the only issues I’ve noticed so far.

Top! Thank you.
Working on Mac Mojave 10.14.6, Wireless, Live 11 b24. Same here:
Faders respond very slow and laggy (touchable–> live) and panning left is not working. No other issues so far.

Hi!
Works for me also with live 11.0b.24.
Interestingly sending the e.g. fader from live to touchable works smoothly!
Otherwise the same as previously described.
thanks so far…

Hi there,
I also confirm here that with the new script provided py Pascal Live 11.0b24 now recognize Touchable as a control surface and loads fine.
However, i can also confirm the communication problem between Live and Touchable and found that it’s not limiterd to just faders, i have somme laggy/slow response of devices control too (e.g autofilter cutoff or any other device parameter).
It still needs fintuning but it’s in definitely on it’s way :wink:
Best
Vinz

Hi,

thanks i can also confirm the slow response. I currently merge the Live10 and Live11 scripts, this will take some time.

best

2 Likes

Using Windows 10 and ipad with live 11. Can confirm it works, but it is laggy. Also noticed that double tapping to reset paraters to 0 doesn’t always work. Will continue using and report bugs here.

Thanks for working on this so fast Pascal, just replaced my push 2 with this and touchscreen and am loving it in 10. Can’t wait for this to get stable on 11!!

The midi editor isn’t working on live 11.0b.24 and there pops a message about new midi script with MPE
Hope you get it working soon, don’t want to step back to live 10.
I think they have changed midi script since live 11.0b.23
I am on Win 10

Hi,

we just updated the scripts, that are now compatible with Live10 and Live11. Unfortunately sending to Live11 still feels sluggish, while it runs smooth in Live10. But should be better than the last version.

Best

Heya, had a quick play, and some brief findings in the latest Live11 0.25b Beta (not necessarily new issues, as I have not used touchable in ages… i.e. pretty much all of 2020 bar some brief testing…):

• yes, better than the previous, but still very choppy (i.e. updates are sent at around 1-2 frames/updates per sec)
  • double click on a mixer fader in touchable, i.e. a 0-reset on a volume fader, moves the fader in touchable, but NOT in Live11, only continuous moves do
  • Tab Switching not in sync (eg on Wavetable device - switching OSC1/2 or targets [amp, Env2, Ev3, LFO1, etc] I would hope to see these selections mirrored [i.e. when switching OSC/Target UI display in Live to see this in Touchable, and vice versa]
  • Clip Editing - Error thrown about incompatible Note Editing with new MPE features. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/DWiz1YP
  • Clip Editing - Note Events not shown in touchable
  • Clip Editing - Note Events removed in Live when attempting to navigate in Touchable
  • Clip Editing - Piano Roll Fold not transmitted. i.e. in Touchable I see the full piano roll. Expected: piano roll fold settings to transmit

Looking forward to the next version :wink:
c.

ps. there’s a note API thread on the beta forum titled ’ Max for Live Notes API example device - BETA’, might give some insights

This newer update for me is much worse.

• Faders are very unresposive, won’t go below -12 in ableton from the app
  • the record enabling under ASM doesn’t seem to be working.
  • Double taping fader to reset to 0 doesn’t work.

I have moved back to your previous script because this new one seemed to have more bugs.

Ableton 11.0.b.25 on windows 10
touchable server v.1563
touchable pro on ipad air 2

This is going to be the best controller once its stable, keep up the good work!

1 Like

11.0 has been released today. Any update on these bug fixes?

Also, can confirm that TouchAble on a desk mounted 24" multitouch monitor will be the best controller the world has ever seen… (image in link below)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqgj7z051930vkl/2021-02-04%2022.56.58.jpg?dl=0

1 Like

That’s right. Current Ableton Live 11 beta .0b29 has been designed as Release Candidate. I suppose 11.0 definitve will be released in one to three days. For me is important to know if you are going to update TouchAble Pro script soon for Live 11 version, now that it is stable. I’ll buy the APP for IOS the moment it’ll be officialy compatible with Live 11. So, I join curtislx in his request. By the way, Your studio seems really impressive with TouchAble at the big touchscreen. I have to try that instead of my little iPad.
Please, keep us updated. Thanks very much.