Control Surface Not Responding - Windows 10 + Ipad

Hi,

Still wrangling with trying to get this to work. I got a little further than when I tried the other day, in that I can see something in the connection status now, but it’s stuck on ‘control surface not responding’ …

May be user error but I just sat down and reinstalled everything as per the instructions on here https://zerodebug.com/?fbclid=IwAR3u0UmU8gOy5bZx2CC6BymEkFYlRhhPR6BNQWd-Ft3wvt_JEkUg3TUJOfQ#/touchable/setup-win

Can anyone confirm if they have it working on Windows 10 with an Ipad? I’m using an Ipad 4 if it matters.

I followed the instructions, installed Itunes from the link on their website > installed the server and set all the settings as required in Ableton.

I’ve reset my machine several times, ran through the installation steps more than once. I also deleted my touchable control surface folder in my programdata as I saw that recommended to someone else. Have reinstalled the scripts… and made sure to run the serve in admin mode.

Still getting ‘control surface not responding’.

Any tips very welcomed, trying to persevere cos I really want this to work :smiley:

If it helps I can confirm that I have gotten it working with Windows 10 and an iPad mini 2 w/iOS 11.2.6. Server version 1554 and app version 1552, ableton live 10.1.13. Brand new user. It took probably an hour to get it working, going through all the steps and troubleshooting advice repeatedly. Wish I could tell you what eventually worked, but it was very late and a was trying lots of things, I remember double checking ipv6 on windows and my router, rebooting laptop and ipad both, running the server as admin like you mentioned and it just started working. Good luck and don’t give up, it’s worth it! :slight_smile:

Okay no worries, I appreciate it’s a bit of a trial and error that probably gets us there :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I should try doing it over wifi as well. I’ll give it a go tomorrow when i’m abit more awake!

did you end up figuring it out, I just bought it, and i cant connect been fiddling for two days now!!! Keep getting control surface not responding, i even went as far as to do a factory reset on one of my laptops and still nothing, followed all the instructions, i feel so ripped off, wasnt this update supposed to fix things, i think i am going to have to ask for a refund for the first time in my history of buying apps!!!

@rickelal @Cee-Dee-Bee

Sorry for your current experiences! Control Surface not responding actually means most of the connection already works - it’s just the the last bit of communication from the Server to Ableton Live does not work at present.
Could you send me a screen of Lives Link / MIDI settings?
Also, please send me the Log.txt of Ableton:

• Windows - \Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\Log.txt
  • Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Log.txt

This will help to identify the issue - it’s very probably a quick fix!
Also: Are you running the latest 1.555 server yet?

please keep us posted!
Thank you

1 Like

Hey thanks, heres my settings, I think they are set correctly?

How should I send you the log file? I was trying to PM you but couldn’t see a way to do it on these forums! Wasn’t sure if it contains any sensitive information that I shouldn’t be sharing on a public forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : I can confirm I’m using 1555

Hi Cee-Dee-Bee,

send your log to our helpdesk
https://touchable.tenderapp.com/
just start a discussion (it will be private between you and our support staff)

Thanks, I’ve just sent it in !

Do you know if my log file got through?

Hi,

Yes we got your log. Thanks for sending. We will look into it. But scriptwise everyting seems to be working fine. But we could now reproduce the “Control surface not responding” issue, though couldn’t get to the bottom of the issue. We will try to find it and fix it as fast as possible.

All the best

Pascal

Okay thanks!

Hey,

we have patched the server. Could you please give the new one a try:

Best

Pascal

Sorry I missed this reply

I uninstalled old one and installed new one. Unfortunately still getting this

Someone on FB support told me yet another new version is coming out, is that right? We’ll get this working one day :smiley:

Hi Pascal, still no luck with this. I uninstalled everything and installed 1.559. Do you guys have any idea why I can’t get this working? Kinda losing hope here, am I the only one struggling with this problem?

I still have the same problem as before, on the Ipad it always says ‘Control Surface not Responding’ yet on the PC it says it is. Don’t really know what else to try…

thiseerror

Hi i’ve tried with 1561 now as well. I even did a fresh install on my laptop instead of my desktop to check it isn’t just my machine. I get exactly same problem with every version.

It shows me “Control Surface Responding: Yes” in the tray on my PC
And on the App I see my USB Connection, and “Ableton Live is Not running”
Once I open Ableton live this status on the app changes to “Control Surface not Responding”

It’s like it is seeing it, and it knows once i’ve opened Ableton live, but I just can’t get any further. I’ve triple checked my settings and even deleted scripts and made sure to install them fresh each time. Basically ready to give up on this if i’m honest.

I’ve tried 2 different PCs now. I don’t have another one to try it on.

I really wanted this to work but it’s taking so much of my time and support doesn’t actually give any advice on what I should try, I literally get “we have a new version coming” , or , “install the new version” if I get anything at all.

I am in the same boat, I have rolled back server verions to the point where it is not recognized by the ipad app.

=-(

Any update on this issue?

Hi, after two weeks of feverish polishing our updated app and server we are happy to tell you that - as far as we know - all described problems should be solved with the newest version of touchAble Pro (v1.563) and the server v 1.563. Please check it out and keep our support posted in case any problems raise their heads again!

I updated the touchable server for Windows to 1.563, and unfortunately, I am still having the control surface not responding issue on Windows 10 64 bit and Ipad 6th generation with os 13.5.1. The connection is through USB. Could you please advise? I am happy to send more details if needed.

Unfortunately still doesn’t work for me. I think I might just call it a day with this. Can I get a refund?