Feature Requests

Hi,

we haven’t even announced the arrangment view, was more of a hidden feature :). So far the Live API is very limited, when it comes to the arrangment view, but we will integrate all available features step by step.

So far you have to activate arrangment view support via touchable’s server, to receive the midi/audio clips, but you probably have already noticed this.

Best

Hi Pascal and thanks for your answer!
A hidden feature? :blush:

I actually didn’t know about the server thing… I’ll check that out!

Just moving the play head around would be veeeery awesome!

Cheers, Omri.

We had a deeper look into the new API and added some features:

in the upcoming beta, you will be able to:

• start existing cue points
  • create new cues (won’t be mirrored instantly in the current version)
  • set the playhead by holding the “move playhead” button and tapping anywhere in the arrangment view
  • open and edit midi clips (audio clips will follow soon)

for now you have to start the touchAble server first and enable the arrangment view mode before opening live. we excluded the arrangment view from the default start, since it can be pretty resource hungry depending on the amount of clips and length of your song.

• we also tried to smoothen the playheads, especially in the session view.
  • we added an alternative way to arrange the multicontrols in the mixer (Settings-> Vertical Alignment of Mixer Multi Mode Elements)

the latest server:

https://zerodebug.com/#/beta

and iOS beta is required to make use of these new features.

Best

Hi,

as many requested this feature/UI rework, we started to create and include “bold” icons. In case someone prefers the light icon design: We will keep that as an option.

I would love to see mpe support in the ‘keys’ section. Since ableton supports MPE.
So roundrobin per channel so every note and 2 controllers are tight to a midi channel.
1 controller for the x and one for the 1 axes.

• controller 1 tight to pitch so once a note is pressed you can slide to the next note.
  • controller 2 assignable.

Also the normal keyboard is really useless.
can we have a normal keyboard which you can adjust the size? And also mpe. up/down left/right
or at least 2 octaves as is.

Now I need 2 hands to play a simple triad.
Or is it possible to adjust the keyboard somewhere?

oooh I see I can adjust the keyboard. perfect!

1 Like

Hi,

MPE support is also in the making.

best

1 Like

Hi,

i collected all features you posted and added the current state below. Please let me know, if i missed somethin.

The list can be found in the first post of this thread.

Best

2 Likes

thanks for the update, it is appricated! would it be possible to revert back to the last iso keys settings after closing the app? the root note seems to be saved, the other settings (ocave, scale,…) are not. i would also like to have the app keep the opened menues for the iso keys after closing - also for the editor. and it would be great if different settings of multiple keys modules would be saved in the editor.

and something else for the editor - i would love to have the option of single or selectable track mixer utilities to monitor selected mixing busses.

Hi,

we now store all settings and open views, automatically, at least in the Main Keys Module.

Storing this set of parameters in the Editor is a bit more tricky, but it is on our list.

Best

Pascal

is there any way to revert back to an older app version for the microsoft store version? or could it be implemented somehow? is this possible on android or ios? i think this is crucial as the new microsoft store version is not working on my system. and i think all i can do is wait for a new version to be released in a few months…

Unfortunately it is not possible to switch to an older version. We justed uploaded a new windows version (beta). If you like send me a PM and i will invite you to test the beta.

Best

Would it be possible to support the new 16 macros capability of Live 11 that are now available within racks? Currently Touchable Pro shows 8 macros for an instrument rack even when there are 16 macros shown in Ableton Live 11.

1 Like

arm64e version of AudioMuxDriver.kext please

$ sudo kextload "/Library/Extensions/AudioMuxDriver.kext/"
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/AudioMuxDriver.kext
Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e
Unsupported Error: one or more extensions are unsupported to load
Kext com.zerodebug.AudioMuxDriver v2 in executable kext bundle com.zerodebug.AudioMuxDriver at /Library/Extensions/AudioMuxDriver.kext"

My apologies to Pascal as I see that one can enable “16 Fader Mode in Device View” in setting under Layout. Wonderful!

Better apple pencil integration.
It would be nice if we could draw midi patterns with independent sizes, as long as we draw.
And a better modulation draw would also be very nice.

The ‘follow currently selected Scene’ option is great, any chance we could have an accompanying ‘follow currently selected Track’?

Hi!
I want to be able to lock the device view to a certain device, so that I always have these controls available during a session.
Currently, the app goes back to the “Device - Overview” tab, whenever I add a device in Ableton.
My usecase is that I have a rack with utility plugins on my master that I always want to be able to control via touchAble Pro.
Cheers, Yannis

Hi!
Is it possible to add an option, that the mixer in touchAble always follows the selected track in Ableton? So when the touchAble mixer shows faders 1-5 and I then select a track further back in the set, for example 10, then I want the touchAble mixer to show faders 10-15.
Best
Yannis

I’m finding the toggle Select/Activate button to be very unintuitive.
It would be great if it was made an option for Select to be the standard with Activate being triggered with a long hold.