Latest touchAble Pro Server including Live 11 Scripts

i can’t seem to establish a connection with the latest server 1.720 but the new app works fine with 1.715 server.

Hi,

sorry added one line in mac os, which caused the merge on win to fail and i didn’t test. Have fixed it in v.721

Best

Pascal

I’ve installed the latest server (Mac) and testflght build. Have installed script from server the same way as I have many times in the past with Touchable into my Ableton App folder. Now, when I open Live and at the same time have the Touchable server running Live freezes and I have to do a force quit on Ableton.
In Live’s settings, I’m not seeing the ability to select the Touchable script for “input” as it’s greyed out. Is that normal? Previously, Control Surface - Input - Touchable (this part was previously selectable in the old Touchable).

So is the server install not installing the script properly? I’ve also tried to manual install script many times from the server.

In the lower right of Ableton when it freezes, I see “Loading Touchable Control Surface.” If I close server and restart Ableton, it loads fine.

Not working for me since update version 1.727.
Im trying to connect to Ableton 11 but not connection on win 10

Hi,

Could you please send me Live’s log file via the server’s context menu? I will check what went wrong. On mac we mainly changed the way we present the Session Ring or Blue Box, so touchable is able to sync with other devices/controller.

On windows we started to copy all scripts to the Live’s Users Library instead of the MIDI Remote Script folder as recommended by Ableton.

Could you please check, if the scripts are installed properly to your User Library Folder and the path is set up properly in Live. Below i attached a screen shot of my User Library Preferences on Windows.

Fyi there was a bug in the last couple of 11 versions, where scripts in the user library were not recognized, only the ones in the factory library (or whatever it’s called). I saw something in the release notes for either 11.0.5 or 11.0.5b6 iirc

I did some work around, but couldn’t make it work.
Do you mind do a step by step installation guide from downloading the .exe file to installing the script?
I can’t get a grip on how to set it up…
I must be retarded, in that case, forgive me… :crazy_face::joy:
It just keep crashing

@Pascal I just sent a couple logs from Touchable’s console. Recently, I’d deleted it and re-installed Touchable server, so hopefully there’s enough to figure out in there. Closed and opened Live a couple times and sent multiple logs to be sure.

Hi,

your screenshot indicates that the script has been installed properly, it has also been selected properly in Live. Could you let me know, what exactly is crashing? Is it the App/Server or Live?

Best

Pascal

Hi,

unfortunately i did not receive any log from you via mail, maybe the file size of you Live log is to big and could not be sent via mail. Could you try to send it via mail manually to [pascal aeet zerodebug dot com].

You will find the log here:
/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Log.txt

Best

Pascal

Hi,
Yes, the App crash. Server and Ableton still stays up, but as soon as I open Touchable 1.727 it will not establish a connection with Live 11.02 and no information is transferred to Touchable.
Then I set the routhing on ableton preferences with touch output and input, and Touchable crash.
:man_shrugging:t2:
I do believe in your project, but honestly, is still very experimental and very close to unusable.
Luckily i didn’t sold my Push 2

Is there any other infos I need to send to you ?

1 Like

Hi,

could you please try to remove touchAble’s App Data folder completely?
If you formerly created layouts or editor templates please archive this folder before deleting it:

touchable’s data are stored here: please try to delete this folder and restart touchAble:

C:\Users<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\zerodebug.touchAblePro<SOME_HASH_NUMBER>

If that doesn’t work. Please try to Uninstall the touchAble UWP App via Windows “Apps & Feature” utility.

Search For “Apps & Feature” -> TouchAble Pro -> Uninstall.

Reinstall the App thereafter.

Best

Pascal

Hi,

Just bought and installed Touchable Pro (running Mac OS and Live 11.0.5 with the latest script). Pretty much everything seems to be working based on a quick 15 minute test but the arrangement view is blank, i.e. there are no clips visible. I can move loop points and set cue points but just can’t see any events/clips for any of the tracks.

how do i make it show up in the inputtouchable no script showing up

Hi,

to enable the arrangment view, pleas activate it via the server’s context menu -> options -> arrang. view.
And restart live, therafter. Though be aware, that the arrangment view only has a very limited number of features. You can not open and edit a clip for example.

I also recommend to install the latest server:

https://zerodebug.com/#/beta

The midi ports will show up, as soon as the server starts and has a valid connection to the script.

Best

The latest server (1.742) installed normally but…

Sorry Pascal, but is not working for me.
I can’t get to work it around.
I’ve uninstalled Touchable Pro, erased all the scripts from Touchable and Zerodebug, downloaded again from windows server, installed again, and run the latest 1.742 server, installed the script using the server options, installed on the Live 11.02 folder.
I doubled check if the script is copied into the User Library of Live, and it is.
Then I run first the server, then open Live, then open Touchable… nothing happen on touchable, empty screen.
Toouchable It actually shut down after a minute or so.

This might have been mentioned before though I admit I didn’t read all 157 posts. Installing v.1727 installed the remote scripts to the Ableton folder under C:\Users. But my user library is actually on a different drive. Once I copied the touchAble folder under Remote Scripts from my user data folder to my actual user library, everything started working (or so it appears).

Hi,

sorry for all the install troubles, we once again reworked the script intaller. There is still no 100% guarantee, that we can properly detect the right folder, but the search process has been massively improved … (made more complicated :)).

Live logs the selected User Library path in an file called Indexer.txt located in Live’s Preference folder located here:

C:Users\AppDate\Roaming\Ableton<current_version>\Preferences\Indexer.txt

1. We now search for installed versions of Live first.
  2. For each installed version we detect the latest modified Live folder, e.g:
    C:Users\pascal\AppDate\Roaming\Ableton 11.1\
  3. Then look for the latest User Library entry in:
    C:Users\pascal\AppDate\Roaming\Ableton 11.1\Preferences\Indexer.txt

This seems to work pretty well, but still is more of a hack than a nice solution.

In the course of the hacky user library search we also included a Script detection, searching Live’s Log.txt for the latest entries providing information about selected scripts. Currently it will prompt a warning on each server start in case a Live version has been detected, that did not load/select touchAble’s Control Surface.

Best

Pascal

I’m desperate… why my system would not work???
Touchable interface does not load any information from Live and it shut down after a minute or so.
What is wrong???