studiomux 5 beta

Thanks a lot for your detailed description, easelec! I would have never find this out, I was sticked too much with that same-channel-for receive-and-send-concept in my head. Thanks again, it really worked! :slight_smile:
Unfortunately my installed plugins don´t show up within the Loopy Pro mixer when open as an AUV3 instance in the effect slot of AUM but this is another problem …
I hope some day Loopy Pro will work with Studiomux directly. But it feels much better just to see AUM and having Studiomux (technology) in the background.

Re: Loopy Pro plugins showing up when loaded as an AUv3 in AUM: iOS does not permit an AUv3 to load AUv3s. The only time that Loopy Pro (or any app) can load an AUv3 is when it is a standalone app.

I see …, many thanks Edward! :smiley:
So I´ll wait for the Loopy Pro IAA version which probably comes in February.

What is the plan moving forward with studiomux 5? The version in the App Store (5.123) hasn’t been updated in 5 months, and the current TestFlight version (5.147) is going to expire in 4 days. studiomux is such a great idea. It would be sad, if there were no rock-solid version that works with current iOS releases…

3 Likes

@Pascal, I know you are aware - thinking we should hear from you guys.

In !13 hours! TestFlight version will expire, its 5.147. The App store is 5.123

Guidance is needed, what direction are we going here, or do you guys know

uh since we are here speaking about updates, could you do something about touchable parallel working? as said here they crash every time:)
studiomux and touchable pro in parallel crash - studiomux & midimux - Zerodebug

I feel like this project is dead. so much for bringing ipad synths to the PC. I want version 4 back. I think we should all reach out to Apple to force the issue

I would love to come back to version 4, i need the osc over usb fuction. In the actual version is not working for me and Studiomux is the only way i found to do this.

Hi Pascal,
could you please update Studiomux in App Store? I have been using beta version 5.147 all the time without major issues, it worked quite reliable in my (simple) setup. Now we all are forced to use 5.123. For me it is a huge regression.
Midi is ok, audio from iPad to computer is ok (Logic/Mac), but audio from computer to iPad is terrible.
Audio input is still ok when inserting plugins directly in Studiomux. But I need to route it into AUM, and then it is crackling constantly, just not usable.
Please, please continue developing this software, it is so amazing!
Best, Josef

1 Like

Please update Studiomux in the app store. It’s currently unusable unlike the last beta version.

1 Like

In case you haven’t already done this,uninstall all components (including Test Flight), from your iDevice & computer, reboot, & reinstall, using the server from the Zerodebug website. Reboot both devices after the fresh install.

Released version seems to be working as it should for me without any problems.

Yes, I know this issue with uninstall and reinstall, but thanks for reminding me, iso. I did really everything, but did not help. My only hope is, that Pascal comes back to life and makes the update to 5.147. This was a good version.

OK I finally got this working for windows 10 64 bit. What I did was redownload the studiomux server from the zerodebug site. Also update itunes to the latest version 12.12.3.5. then it works! Make sure to turn off the little headphones icon in the app if you only want to hear audio in the DAW and not on the ipad.

The only thing I see that isnt connecting is the play and stop controls from bitwig to studiomux. Pressing play on the ipad works but not on the DAW, Maybe I need to add some controls or something

Studiomux doesn’t allow to set the size of AU windows (ie Drambo and Grooverider16). Please add this feature

Also Drambo is glitching in studiomux when I change a parameter

Long press an AU’s window and drag to resize

Very good thanks. Now if it would stop crackling when I change a parameter. Also why doesnt the AU size save with a session? or just have a maximize button?

Fwiw, I find that I prefer to host things in AUM and just use the Studiomux app as a conduit to get the audio and midi back and forth.

Increase the buffer size in Studiomux app.

Hey, iso! Can you confirm, does Studiomux work fine on Win10? My beta has gone. And I see in AppStore only 5.123 ver for IOS.