studiomux 5 beta

I’m getting clean audio via the 5.011 server now, but:
-Samplerate is not matching (iPad Pro 10.5) – approx -1.5~2 semitones so I assume iOS is getting forced to 44.1kHz though it displays 48kHz as operational sample rate in the iOS apps I’m using (SMUX + Animoog) – if you enable monitoring on both devices you can hear the clash…the macOS side is incorrect;
-Unable to instantiate any IAA or AUv3 devices on iOS App (iPhone 7+).
-Plugin install still fails.
-And the big one…some serious latency is occurring – it’s currently unplayable.

Is there/will there be VST2 support?

I am on high Sierra.Vst 3 installed but not working.So I can not test anything.Latest server and app.

Ok, on Windows 10 latest (20H2), with latest downloadable server 5.009 Build: 1866 , I can get audio from ipadOs 14.2 into Ableton via StudioMux Effect and Instrument, but its almost just noise, like there was a problem with samplerate or high latency glitches (type of sound), Its glitchy and distorted.

I have also noticed in the server, in the active connections, it shows active connections: 1, but only in the Available devices Local/wifi:1, even thought my iPad is connected via USB it says Available Devices USB: 0. It seems sound is travelling over wifi?

When switching apps inside studiomux app (IAA), it seems to crash the program.

EDIT: The vsts versions seem to detect correctly the Device name and channel selection seem to be also working ok. Well, not anymore :stuck_out_tongue: After I somewhat removed the vst out in the out portion of the channel inside the app I could not see it anymore.

On Ableton, when switching the device in instrument version of vst it crashes ableton.

I will continue to test this the best I can,
Thank you for the opportunity

1 Like

I got frustrated last night, :cry: I uninstalled studiomux and reinstall the 5011 version and it not even installs the AU and VST, so I don’t see the plug-ins

Im gonna cry :sob:.

Same issue when I installed it:

“Error to install all modules”

MacBook Pro 2012 mid, and I even updated to catalina to see if it works that way and it doesn’t…

studiomux doesn’t quit.It quits but starts right away.

So further to my last comments:
-I got Studiomux working on iPhone 7+ running Animoog as an external instrument in Live 10 with no sample-rate issues, latency or crackling!
-The iPad Pro 10.5" is still playing back at the wrong sample rate.

Mac or windows?

If you’re asking me, macOS…as mentioned in my previous post. I guess I should’ve metioned it again.

I am on high sierra.Ableton did not pick up the vst3 .thank you for the reply

VST3 in Ableton can be a bit weird.
Sometimes you need to disable VST and then re-enable/re-scan.

How you do that? I mean, to disable

I did that.
You do it at preferences.

HI can we post some fixes that are needed? In the past I couldnt ever get studiomux and ipad synths to receive midi control ccs from an external controller using a USB to ipad connection and controller to PC using its own USB and of course the DAW and studiomux plugins etc. It seems nothing I could do worked. (notes ok but not control changes) I was using with the following synths. Model D, GR-16, Zeeon. windows pc

I think its something with the local midi port setup or something, It could all be made easier couldnt it?
Also for some reason I could never get the scales working with the synths. Likely a related issue. Im not using with Audiobus just going through Studiomux and loading synth in there and connecting to DAW and using the vst plugin to get them talking

Some synths too were not supported IAA vs AU complications or something. They will display in the option to add them but not load without crashing things. Depending on which version I loaded I had some studiomux features available like keyboard and browser presets etc. Strange its not consistent,

Finally the Ableton Sync feature is a little tricky to setup in the past. cant all this be done as simple checkbox options to engage it? Something less techy?

I havent tried this new beta but these are my thoughts on the past offering. I did go to install the beta from the link and it says invalid link.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback and the first impressions, and sorry for the the problems you encountered, we have list all issues, and will try to fix them with the next beta. I’m currently busy, but will try to respond to certain issues later this day.

Best

Pascal

For those having issues to install the VSTs on mac:

I uploaded a test version on dropbox with an detailed install log displayed, when installing the vsts. If normal install fails, the installer will try again with admin permissions.

Best

1 Like

Hi Pascal, The windows Beta server is still going to a 404…

Hi,

yes there will be. As you may have already noticed, the Network In and Outputs are available From within the Browser. We will try to handle the Audiobus In and Outputs the same way. Means we have 8 Audiobus Channel, that can freely be assigned to an audiomux channel.

best

Hi,

we also still cannot load AUv3 on iOS14. It is a known bug, and we already contacted Apple, since we haven’t found a way to fix it yet.

Best

Pascal

this admin permissions it´s done by itself or it has to be done by myself?