studiomux 5 beta

Thanks. I would like to try the new beta but it wont install for me. It says invalid server link when trying to install onto ipad using testflight. Also the most recent studiomux server 5.10 for windows goes to a 404 page.

Also if there was a way to auto load the studiomux server when loading the vst in the daw would be a time saver. I should add a cool feature would be to have an instance of the vst plugin to save the preset state of studiomux so when we open a project back up, studiomux loads up the appropiate preset and synth state.

Sometimes apps that say they support IAA wont load (Aufiokits Synth One)

Another cool feature is if the studiomux vst could detect midi parameters in the synth and display those knobs in Bitwig. Then we could use Bitwig modulators to modulate ios apps easily.

One more request, can we rename the ios synths loaded into each channel?

An Alert will promt automatically asking for admin permisions, but only in case the default install failse.

The links have been updated, and will show app during this evening. I forced a website build, but it will take a while.

The current win installer is also accessible via dropbox:

We mainly spend time on fixing the plugin install process. The plugins are now installed via a batch script running with admin permissions. Since we are using the latest VST framework, VST3s now come as bundles, similar to mac. This requires to change some properties of the VST3 bundle/folder after it has been copied. (see install.bat in studiomux folder).

Not sure if this is even possible… But it’s a good idead. I put it on our feature list.

Both on our list.

Best

1 Like

Ok, it’s done, finally I can see just vst3 intstrument and effect but, it doesn’t recognize the devices, so it doesn’t receives audio/midi.

And on the iPad pro 10’5 iOS 14.2 studiomux 5011, doesn’t recognize and receives midi neither.

Do you see a spinnig icon (not connected) in the App (bottom of image)? Or does it show the connected icon (top of image)?

New server for win, also available on our website:

Thanks for the updates. I guess I cant test the beta on my ipad as it requires ios 13 for testflight :frowning: Oh well I have posted my suggetions. I hope this new versions works well in final release for my ipad ios 12.

Yes, I see the spinning icon, and it actually says nothing when I touch it, one of the last versions did said

Windows 20H2 (latest), Ableton 10.1.30 (latest), with latest studiomux windows server studiomux_5.13_x64.exe and ios client app:

the problems are still the same, the incoming audio is completly glitched/noisy not usable at all
effect version does not work, no visible channels although the device is visible and selectable

Good luck : )

SMUX Beta 5.012 has a problem (macos 10.15.7).
Cannot get a connection now and as such no audio/MIDI. Was ok on the prevoius beta version.

Neither Cubase nor Live sees the vst3 plug-ins.They are installed .Is there any other way to test?v 5012 and high sierra.
Peace

Got 5.012 running on Catalina 10.15.7. All devices on latest supported iOS version:

1. VST3s now install correctly (macOS);
  2. Audio has returned but some severe crackling happening (iPhone 7+);
  3. Audio playing back at incorrect sample rate still (iPad Pro 10.5");
  4. Tested another older iPhone and it’s not working at all although it appears to be receiving MIDI…I think (iPhone 6).

Seems the glitching/garbling might be due to the app defaulting to a non-standard sample rate (doesn’t seem possible to change the sample rate yet?)

There is a sample rate selection option in the latest iOS beta (5.015?) but it doesn’t help. I tested it early today and couldn’t get the sample rates on the iPad Pro 10.5"/Live 10 to match.

Latest ios Beta 5.015 seems a lot more stable & the UI seems to be a lot more refined, however the audio is still unusable at the moment (Server5.014). Definitely a step in the right direction. (Latest Win 10, Ableton 10, IOS 14.2)

No USB connection. WIFI only. No audio sounding in Ableton with WIFI off on iPad, returns but garbled when WIFI turned back on.

Vst3 is installed,but not picked by live and Cubase.Is there anything to solve it?

Same case, and audio units shot down studiomux on the iPad.

Latest Studiomux Windows Beta server download is named as 5.015 , but the vst3’s report as 5.014 when installed.

First time user, I installed the beta Mac server and download the beta app, they both start up but nothing seem to be happening. I can see the link is established between the MacBook Pro and the iPad, but that’s about it. There is no Studiomux output shown in the Audio configuration on the Mac.

Catalina 10.15.6 and iOS 14.2.

SMUX as an audio device support (macOS) not yet added. Please read the thread and release notes for further details.

I see, thanks.

Thank you all so far for testing, for the feedback and the help!

Unfortunately we are quite busy here, still restructuring our frameworks trying to get all projects under one hood and streamlining our workflow. Due to limited time resources, studiomux doesn’t get the attention it deservers, but will we try to publish a stable beta before christmas, that at least involves the functionality of the current studiomux store version.

next milestones for studiomux:

• include mobiledevice usb
  • full multil samplerate/buffersize support
  • audio device on mac
  • audiobus support
  • get auv3 working on iOS14
  • studiomux AU plugins (mac)
  • studiomux vst 2 plugins
3 Likes