studiomux 5 beta

I think you need reinstall and restart iOS to be sure you get clear install. Than check server version. I use all latest, Bitwig 4.0.1

no way reinstall ios? that could hardly fix the problem. Remember im using ios 12. can someone please allow me to reinstall studiomux 4 back on my ipad please?

can you please reupload this :wink:

ok Im going to ask again why is this not working?

@pascal: any progress on Ableton Link and StudioMux app on iOS?

Happy new year all! hope, we will see some progress to known issues!

Dear people, the year is getting older, nevertheless I wish you still a happy and healthy new year!

Pascal, thanks for keeping up to work on this brilliant and important technology!
The integration of the iPad in a DAW with all those crazy possibilities of using genious effect-apps per track, etc. really opens new galaxies of three dimensional sounds and space for my ambient concerts and studio work. Vielen Dank! :slight_smile:

I wish Studiomux would be rock-solid for safe use at live concerts. At the moment it is working for me (iPad pro 2017, iOS 15.2, OSX Catalina) but feels buggy and crashes if I ignore the order of loading things up. But it is working somehow, especially the long missed send-effects. I really hope you´ll find the time and inspiration of going on with Studiomux. I can imagine that it must be hard to deal with Apple´s updates all the time. But Studiomux simply is a revolutionary app that offers so much and clearly deserves further development.

At this time one of my urgest problems is that it is not possible to load the new app “Loopy Pro” as an AUV3-plugin in the Studiomux effect slot. I can see “Loopy Pro” in the AUV3 list of Studiomux but when dragging to an effect slot the app icon shows up but disappears immediately. So it is not possible to load “Loopy Pro” as an effect to record and playback loops yet. I hope you can fix that.

So thanks again and all the best! :slight_smile:

Have you tried hosting AUM inside Smux. Another expense, I know, but it makes for a much more solid & reliable experience. Just drag an AUM instance into an Smux channel, & then load all your instruments & fx into AUM, with the output of each buss going into Smux . I haven’t tried Loopy Pro yet, but everything should work as if AUM were standalone.

Loopy Pro standalone is currently not IAA.

Hi iso,
thanks for your reply!

Probably a missunderstanding: I want to load “Loopy Pro” as an AUV3-plugin in the Studiomux effect (!) slot. But as I mentioned this is not possible: “Loopy Pro”-icon immediately disappears when dragging to an effect slot in Studiomux.

Using AUM doesn´t offer a workaround in this case because there is no possibily to drag AUM on a Studiomux effect (!) slot. So you get no audio to AUM. It just works for instruments, those of course can have effects within AUM. But I want to loop a piano with Studiomux sitting in a send effect slot in Ableton Live so that I must be able to send and receive audio from Studiomux.

For example using the “Enso”-AUV3-Looper within a Studiomux effect slot is no problem unfortunately “Loopy Pro” doesn´t work …

A workaround is to receive from studiomux and send to AUM and use loopy as an effect in AUM and send the output back to studiomux. AUM has been more reliable for me as a host than the Studiomux app and have found this method to work well.

It is also worthwhile to report to Loopy Pro’s developer about the crash loading in Studiomux

Thank you easelec!

I need apps like Loopy Pro in the effect slot of studiomux. If I would use AUM for my described scenario above I wouldn´t be able to use Loopy Pro as a send effect within Ableton Live, flexible to use with any instrument within Ableton Live - external or internal.

The only way would be providing an audio in conection for AUM (outside of Studiomux) than put Loopy Pro in the fx slot of AUM and AUM as an instrument in Studiomux.

I´ll drop Michael (Loopy Pro) a line about the problem with fx slot in Studiomux but I guess it is not a problem with Loopy Pro.

unless something has changed very recently with StudioMux, there is no problem using AUM with studiomux in the scenario you describe. I have done it myself. you simply set up a routing in the studiomux host that sends the audio from the mac to AUM as an AUM audio input. Add whatever nodes you want as fx and send that audio from AUM back to Studiomux to send back to the mac. I have tested my guitar input going into the mac being sent to the iPad where i route it to AUM and process the guitar in AUM and send it back to the mac via studiomux. Loopy Pro as an AU effect in AUM would be no different. There isn’t any routing you can set up in the StudioMux host that can’t be set up by routing through AUM.

… to be honest I have no idea how you set that up: “you simply set up a routing in the studiomux host that sends the audio from the mac to AUM as an AUM audio input.”
I´m not using aggregate (Mac) devices or IDAM for the iPad audio stream. And I don´t want the audio to go via an analogue line in to AUM. But maybe I´m missing something crucial …

• I start Studiomux on the Mac and than on the iPad, the Link sign appears in the iOS app
  • I create a send effect (return track) in Ableton and put the Studiomux effect plugin on that track
  • than create an audio track in AUM and put Loopy Pro (or whatever) in the fx slot
  • go back to Studiomux and put AUM (Port 1) in the instrument slot at the top
  • the Studiomux output is automatically connected with the Studiomux VST plugin in Live
  • go back to AUM and choose as an Output at the bottom IAA output 1 (Studiomux)
  • and now …?
  • it is also not possible to drag AUM at the fx slot from Studiomux.

Hmm … help would be greatly appreciated!

I have created a page on the Audiobus forum wiki showing the setup. What you end up with in this case is a channel strip in AUM that receives audio from the mac, processes the audio with whatever effects you want and sends it back.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=studiomux-aum_effect_loop_setup

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your detailed description, easelec! I would have never find this out, I was sticked too much with that same-channel-for receive-and-send-concept in my head. Thanks again, it really worked! :slight_smile:
Unfortunately my installed plugins don´t show up within the Loopy Pro mixer when open as an AUV3 instance in the effect slot of AUM but this is another problem …
I hope some day Loopy Pro will work with Studiomux directly. But it feels much better just to see AUM and having Studiomux (technology) in the background.

Re: Loopy Pro plugins showing up when loaded as an AUv3 in AUM: iOS does not permit an AUv3 to load AUv3s. The only time that Loopy Pro (or any app) can load an AUv3 is when it is a standalone app.

I see …, many thanks Edward! :smiley:
So I´ll wait for the Loopy Pro IAA version which probably comes in February.

What is the plan moving forward with studiomux 5? The version in the App Store (5.123) hasn’t been updated in 5 months, and the current TestFlight version (5.147) is going to expire in 4 days. studiomux is such a great idea. It would be sad, if there were no rock-solid version that works with current iOS releases…

3 Likes