studiomux 5 doesn't work on windows

Hi and thanks for your reply. it works, the problem is when I add Audiobus :frowning:

So, this probably is just a matter of figuring out the right routing.

Question: why are you preferring to use Audiobus as the host rather than Studiomux. While Audiobus is quite efficient, every additional app that is involved with the signal will use up more processing power. Sometimes there are features you are getting that make that worthwhile. I saw up-thread that you thought you needed Audiobus to see expanded views of the AU’s, but Studiomux will let you re-size the AU window if you tap and hold the AU title bar. It turns orange and then you can grow the window.

Can you post screenshots of your Audiobus and StudioMux configurations when you have it set up to use Audiobus with Studiomux?

Just for the record, I tried Model D AUV3 in Audiobus with it routed into Studiomux, & also couldn’t get any sound out of it. I thought it was because I had forgotten how to route stuff from Audiobus-Smux, as it was so long since I’d used it, so didn’t mention it. No problems with the same setup in AUM.

1 Like

So you could use AUM as host?

Yes. But, I would only use a different host if you are really using features of AUM or Audiobus not available in Studiomux. I have used AUM with Studiomux quite a bit because of the bussing architecture.

I am having trouble getting Audiobus 3 and StudioMux working, too. I hadn’t tried before. If people are having trouble with Audiobus/SMux, it is worth reporting to both @Pascal and Audiobus’ developer (who is Michael over on the Audiobus forum).

1 Like

AUM hosted in Smux is great. A really nice way of doing things. It’s my preferred setup, highly recommended as a trouble free way of doing things…

Didn’t notice much extra cpu on my old Air 2, & not noticeable at all on my Air 3, although i don’t have massively big AUM/Smux projects, of course YMMV…

1 Like

Thnx! I know that friend of mine could sync AUM and Bitwig using Ableton link, but I still have not checked if I could do the same with AUM that is launched from Smux. I’m still struggling with sync in current version of Smux - could not send bpm and transport messages by MIDI ;/

Link does seem to be more robust in AUM. You can switch it off in Smux & it will still work in AUM…

Maybe that will solve your Bitwig sync problems…lets hope so :slight_smile:

Sync is broken now for me with a Mac/iPad setup (using link or MIDI clock).,It was working a version or two ago for me.

1 Like

I’m on the released version of Smux now, so not sure what’s happening with the Beta. I think this thread relates to the official app store version, & the latest released server. The beta stuff is in the other thread…

It’s getting a little confused, maybe we need some more clearly defined threads?

I think released version was latest beta. What is the number show in your released VST?

Good point. That make sense…
As of 22/09/21, official release versions are:
Win Server: 5.126
VST: 5.125
App: 5.123

1 Like

I just paid for Studiomux and this is the resault:

• VST crashes the DAW (cubase 10 in my case)
  • Sever crashes windows 10 to a blue screen
  • If the server works there is not possible to make a connection. I tried everythnig from this forum, no matter what Active Connection=0 (wifi or usb)
  • online manual - page doesnt exist

Nice work, asking for refund.

1 Like

iTunes version?

I tried both. New itunes same as an dedicated drivers only (link from this forum)

FWIW, I got studiomux working in Windows 10 by:

1. Completely uninstalling iTunes
    • PROTIP: to completely uninstall iTunes, you also need to uninstall several other programs—and in a specific order! (details in the link)
  2. Installing the CopyTrans driver installer
  3. Starting the studiomux server
  4. Starting the studiomux app

This is the setup I used:

• studiomux app 5.126 & 5.128 (beta) — both worked
  • studiomux server 5.126
  • iOS 14.8
  • Windows 10 (10.0.19043)
  • CopyTrans Drivers Installer 3.002

I am on Windows 10 Pro and want tu use my Ipad as a midi controller (with Lemur) for Ableton 10
Studiomux server has 1 active usb connection (when i right click the app i can read this) but the midi ports i created in studiomux app on the ipad are not visible in Ableton midi settings?

On Mac (Big Sur) it works perfectly

I only need midi, no audio

I followed above instructions to try to make it work but it doesn’t
I have a connection (1 active USB connection) so actually it does work i guess, Ableton just doesn’t see the studiomux virtual midi ports…

Anybody has any solutions?
thanks!

Doesnt sound like this will ever work