Support Help Please - Still not stable

I’m raising a new topic as I cannoe seem to get any response on the previous post I added to.

I am on SRV 1.112
CS 1.623
Live 10.1.17

Windows 10 64 bit, iPad Air 3rd Gen

1. I am unable to get stable operation under wifi. It all connects and works fine for about 4-5 minutes, then it loses connection and I have to restart Touchable on the ipad.
  2. I am unable to connect over USB, so cannot verify whether that is working better. If it requires me to have an USB connection for stability, I am fine with that.

Please can I get some support assistance with solving these issues. It is incredibly frustrating that after almost 2 years (of me trying to get a usable set-up with Touchable Pro), that it is still so unstable and hence, unusable. I am now at the point that I think I am just going to give up trying, as things never seem to improve.

Could you please clarify the versions you are using - SRV 1.112 and CS 1.623 isn*t a plausible combination …

Cheers

Peter / Support

Hi Peter,

That was taken directly off the connection pop-up on the ipad (see screenshot)

Could you specify where I should look for the information if this is not reporting correctly.

Hi,

Thanks for posting the screenshot. It seems like the server version has not been transmitted to the App properly, which may already be the reason for the connection problems. I fixed the issue and created a new server. Could please try the latest one:

Best

Pascal

Hi,

I’m on PC, can you provide install for PC.

Thanks

Steve

Hello - any update on the PC Server version?

Hi,

we just built a new server:

in case you don’t want to install itunes:

Best

pascal

Hi Pascal,

I installed the new server. But have problems when trying to complete the set-up. Whilst I have the touchAble option for Control Surface in preferences, there is no Touchable Scipt input option under midi input. When I run the server, I am still getting a message that says Server Status: Apple USB Driver not found. Please download…etc.

I tried uninstalling Touchable Pro and reinstalling using the 1.631_Full server installer you provided. This still does not help.

Please advise what I should do to troubleshoot. Please note that previously I was able to connect over wifi, but the connection just kept crashing out.

I await your advice.

Thx Steve

Hi Pascal,

As per your instruction in another post, I have uninstalled itunes, Touchable and rpt-Midi. I downloaded the latest rpt-midi and the touchAblePro_1.632_Full_x64.exe install file you provided.
First installed the touchable server_Full. Then rpt-Midi and ran it.
Following the set-up instructions I added a session. Note I do not get any participants.

Then I start the touchable server. Note I still have message saying “Apple USB driver Not Found”

I then start Ableton, add Touchable as a control surface (Message in Touchable pop up changes to Control Surface reponding: Y v 1632).

I still do not have the touchable input script as an option under midi in/out (the rpt-midi session DAW-LT2 is there, not sure if relevant):

Please can you advise what I should do to troubleshoot this.

Hi,

sorry for all the trouble. Could you pleas install the latest test server (link below), activate log mode and send it to us (upload it here or send it to pascal at zerodebug.com ). You will will find the log inside touchAble’s install folder .log

tap touchable icon in system tray->options->log mode

latest test server:

https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAblePro_1.633_x64.exe

Thanks Pascal,

That latest server file got me back to where I started with being able to get Touchable operational in Live.

However, my original issues persist viz:

1. I have no option for USB connection
  2. with wifi connection, the connection is lost after a short time - I just timed it and it was exactly 5 minutes (might be relevant)

The log is attached after I did 2 tests of connection being lost after 5 minutes. I noticed this:
In rtpMidi - and saw the 300s (5 min) ‘thing’ Whilst I do not have that activated it was interesting that the timing is exactly the same as the timing I experience in the connection being lost…just in case it is relevant.

Log file will follow by dm

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Steve

I will try to guide you with USB:

Currently i have installed the iTunes version provided on our website, which is working for me.

https://zerodebug.com/server/iTunes64Setup.exe

To completely deinstall it, a few steps are required.

Go to Apps & Features and deinstall:

• iTunes
  • Apple Mobile Device Support 64bit
  • Apple Mobile Device Support 32bit
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Application Support
  • Bonjour

install the latest server:

https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAblePro_1.633_x64.exe

now you have to restart you pc. then try to reconnect.

best

Thanks PAscal - I will try that.

Is the touchAblePro_1.633_x64.exe file one that includes the itunes/Bonjour part?

Damn, sorry messed it up to send the right link

https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAblePro_1.633_Full_x64.exe

this is the one including the driver. make sure to restart after installing the the server, this is a mandatory step.

Best

Pascal

I repeated exactly those steps. Still no USB option. wifi drops connection after 4:30-5:00 minutes (I retimed and it’s not exactly 5min).

Please advise what else I can do to try troubleshoot this.

Thx

Steve

Could you please resend the logfile after activating the log mode? the 1.633 server includes more logging info.

It seems, like the dropout is somehow related to an faulty package, sent by the script.

Best

sent log file to pascal at zero…

Hi,

the log indicates, that the Apple Driver haven’t been installed properly

could you look in Apps & features, if the following packages have been installed?

• iTunes
  • Apple Mobile Device Support 64bit
  • Apple Mobile Device Support 32bit
  • Apple Software Update
  • Bonjour

If they have been installed please open the comand line and check, if they have been inlcuded in the registry properly, by entering these commands.

reg query “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Apple Mobile Device Support” /v “Version”
reg query “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Apple Application Support” /v “Version”
reg query “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Bonjour” /v “Version”

Apple Mobile Device Support should be version 13.5.1.2
Apple Application Support should be version 8.5
Bonjour should be version 3.1.0.1

Hi Pascal,

• iTunes (NO)
  • Apple Mobile Device Support 64bit (YES)
  • Apple Mobile Device Support 32bit (YES)
  • Apple Software Update (NO)
  • Apple Application Support (NO - but I ran the reg query anyhow)
  • Bonjour (YES)

C:\Users\steve>reg query “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Apple Mobile Device Support” /v “Version”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Apple Mobile Device Support
Version REG_SZ 14.1.0.35

C:\Users\steve>reg query “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Apple Application Support” /v “Version”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Apple Application Support
Version REG_SZ 8.5

C:\Users\steve>reg query “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Bonjour” /v “Version”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Inc.\Bonjour
Version REG_SZ 3.1.0.1

Hope that helps. Looks like the Mobile Device Support version is higher than expected?

Thanks for the continued attention to my problem.

regards

Steve

Hi,

that may already be the reason for the broken connection.

Please try to remove the following packages via Apps & Features.

Restart your PC and install

You will find the sources in touchAbles install folder \dist\bonjour

AppleApplicationSupport.msi
AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi
AppleApplicationSupport64.msi

Just to be sure restart your PC again.

If this still doesn’t help, the registry is broken. I will have to write a script to clean.

Best