TouchAble Pro still crashing out for me on startup

Sorry if this isn’t new topic material, but it’s been a week since my last post in this thread:

To summarize, one day the application just stopped working. I start the server, no problems. I open Ableton. I run the application, it shows the splash screen, and then it shuts down.

This is on Windows 10 and Ableton Live 10. Server 1.671. Last log:

2021-07-10 12:23:30 [11364] INFO LoadUsbLibraries
2021-07-10 12:23:30 [11364] ERROR Could not locate ‘Apple Application Support’ folder path in registry: ABORTING
2021-07-10 12:23:30 [11364] INFO USB libraries found: 0

Is this “Apple Applicaton Support” thing something I can manually reinstall from somewhere?

If it isn’t possible to address this short term, can I at least get a copy of the Android version without having to pay for it again? That way I can maybe limp along with a tablet for a while.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

HI,

sorry for the inconvenience. As i understand you correctly the current release iOS version in combination with the latest beta server crashes on start up, right?

Regarding big sets: We will try to release a script update next week, that will load huge sets as well as beeing in sync with Lives parameter callbacks. Currently we send data from the script asynchronously to live, to make sure we do not block live, and live does not block our communination.

We have an open android beta track everyone can join.

Best

Pascal

Thank you for getting back to me. To be clear, I’m on Windows 10. Yes, the application crashes on startup with this log:

2021-07-10 12:23:30 [11364] INFO LoadUsbLibraries
2021-07-10 12:23:30 [11364] ERROR Could not locate ‘Apple Application Support’ folder path in registry: ABORTING
2021-07-10 12:23:30 [11364] INFO USB libraries found: 0

I quoted the previous thread, but I actually have had no problems with big sets – all I use is the mixer (but I was relying on it every day).

I’m not sure if I have the latest version of the front-end because I bought TouchAble Pro via the Windows App Store and it doesn’t give me any real information.

Please help.

Hi,

we just updated the UWP app and sent it to review.

The latest server and App should then work properly in combination.

Best

Pascal

Edit:

Please let us know, if you like to receive the latest version asap, we woul send over a beta.

Best