touchAblePro 1653 NO LONGER WORKS on ios 9.3.5......

hi,

Been a long while since everything works great with ver 1566 on my ipad ios 9.3.5 and Live 10
today i updated it to 1.653 also update server (on mac) to 1650 and 1654 IT’S NOW NOT WORKING PROPERLY anymore…
The wifi icon shows “status OK” but nothing happens…

Hi,

we are sorry for the inconvenience. Coul you please activate the servers log mode. (touchable tray icon-> options -> log mode) and send us the log. Please also send a Live log:

Live Log:
/Users//Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live

touchAble Log:
/Users//Library/Preferences/Zerodebug/TouchAble/

You can simply upload the log by draging it into the forum’s text view.

Best

Pascal

Edit:

Before creating the log could you please install the latest server + scripts.
Thx

Hi Pascal,

Please find the attached log. Thanks

log.txt (3.8 MB)

2021-03-24T15:26:44.836967: info: AMidiIO: Midi Remote Scripts:
MidiRemoteScript 1 [Control Surface=“touchAble” Input=“touchAble Script Input” Output=“None”]
MidiRemoteScript 2 [Control Surface=“None” Input=“None” Output=“None”]
MidiRemoteScript 3 [Control Surface=“None” Input=“None” Output=“None”]
MidiRemoteScript 4 [Control Surface=“None” Input=“None” Output=“None”]
MidiRemoteScript 5 [Control Surface=“None” Input=“None” Output=“None”]
MidiRemoteScript 6 [Control Surface=“None” Input=“None” Output=“None”]
2021-03-24T15:26:44.836983: info: AMidiIO: Takeover Mode: None
2021-03-24T15:26:44.837241: info: AMidiIO: Midi Devices:
MidiInDevice [Name=“touchAble”, Track=true, Sync=true, Remote=true, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, Sync Type=“MIDI Clock”, MTC Frame Rate=“All”, MTC Start Offset=0]
MidiInDevice [Name=“touchAble Script Input”, Track=true, Sync=true, Remote=true, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, Sync Type=“MIDI Clock”, MTC Frame Rate=“All”, MTC Start Offset=0]
MidiInDevice [Name=“Computer Keyboard”, Track=true, Sync=false, Remote=false, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, Sync Type=“MIDI Clock”, MTC Frame Rate=“All”, MTC Start Offset=0]
MidiOutDevice [Name=“touchAble”, Track=false, Sync=false, Remote=false, MIDI Clock Sync Delay=0, MIDI Clock Type=“Song”]

Hi Pascal,

Any update on this?

You can forget about an update, I have been trying for 2 weeks to get a proper response to various emails to them regarding this exact same issue om my ipad 3 and ios 9.3.2. None of their server and updates have fixed my setup. Was working great and all their latest updates broke touchable for me permanently. App is unusable.

Read my thread here:

Hi,

could you please try the latest officieal server+script release? We also update the App.

https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAblePro_1.662.dmg
https://zerodebug.com/server/touchAblePro_1.662.exe

Best

Pascal

Hey,

sorry to hear. Any chance my replies via mail didn’t get through your spam filter? I send you a link to our download archive, where can get older servers.

https://zerodebug.com/#/archive

Best

Pascal

Hi Pascal.
No i did not receive any emails. My spam does get cleared out regularly.
I have send you my ios crash reports and all info you requested. Sending me a link to your download archive for servers does not really help me! I have tested all your servers with my app versions, latest and latest servers and NOTHING WORKS. All crashes, now if you can send me to an archive version of your APPS that will be what i need. Specifically I need the older version of the touchable app that WORKED for me. Just send it to me in a private message/email please. Surely you must have you older ipa’s in a personal archive. As i said before i can side-load the app bypassing the apple app store. As none of you app updates and servers make your current app configs work for me it makes sense for me to go back to the version that was working for me, not?
I have send you enough info to tell you what version of the app worked for me with what server in all my communications to you. Thanks

Hey, just updated to the latest server+script + iOS app you emailed IT’S NOW WORKING again.
Just to inform the good news. Thanks to your support Pascal.
I will give some more time maybe 2, 3 days (only have 1-2h of free time a day) to investigate all my fav features that I always wanted to use. :metal:

Hey bro, do update to the latest files 1.662
It works like a dream now

1 Like

Hey,

sorry completely misunderstood you. Unfortunately it is not possible to send any touchable ipa, you wouldn’t be able to start this ipa. Could you please try, if the 1.662 (server + script + app) version will work?

Best

Pascal

Just wasted another afternoon.

Uninstalled server 1.662, uninstalled Itunes and all apple components in correct order as per apple support. Rebooted PC, re-installed Itunes as per zerodebug.com download link, reinstalled Server 1.662. Installed script 1.662. Deleted ipad touchable app. Rebooted Ipad, installed version 1.662 latest app from appstore, Turned off the firewall on pc. Connected Ipad and PC to same wifi network.
Started touchable server 1.662, started Ableton Live 10.1.6. Made sure all scripts and settings under midi preferences are correct. Launched Touchable app on Ipad.

Again INSTANT CRASHING - USELESS. Ipad does not create any new crash logs under diagnostics.

Tried all combinations of connecting and disconnecting, closing out app, server and software. Rebooting, de-selecting and re-selecting scripts and toggling midi preferences on/off. Still NOTHING WORKS
and app crashes instantly.

This is the last 4 lines of the log purely after following the above steps to create a connection and then just getting instant app crash.

2021-04-01 18:58:15 [2376] INFO OSC MESSAGE WITH PATTERN BEGAN:: /script/load/end
2021-04-01 18:58:21 [2376] DEBUG wait for received failed to select with to socket 1604 wit error (null)
2021-04-01 18:58:23 [2376] INFO OSC MESSAGE WITH PATTERN BEGAN:: /remix/oscserver/shutdown
2021-04-01 18:58:23 [2376] DEBUG recv returned: -1 reason: 10054 |||| PerformDisconnect();

Hi,

thanks for all the information and feedback and sorry to hear that it is still not working. Considering your Live and touchAble logs, some device seem to send data, that is causing the the connection to drop and thereafter the app to crash. When loading an empty Live set the crash is probably not happening? Unfortunately we cannot convert your iOS (9.32) crashlog into something readable, all we know, that it is happening on a network thread, before the actual message processing (most of the message processing is happening on the main thread) happens.

Could you maybe send us the cleaned (without samples and clips) crashing Live set via mail?

Best

Pascal

It crashes instantly on an empty / new live set with 2 audio tracks and 2 midi tracks, as in the default ableton template, containing absolutely nothing in the project. Happens with any other project containing songs as as well. As in instant app crashing. I am also monitoring tcp ports for conflicts and there are none, so I don’t know anymore. Plus I have to add that no other midi app over my network crash. All work 100%.

Hi,

i’m currently working on an App update, that allows to log incoming messages on this end, too. Could you maybe try to start Live and touchAble with the scripts i attached. The script will only load the current set while neglecting other information (browser, etc)

touchAble.zip (154.3 KB)

Could you also try to open the touchAble App and Server before opening Live. Before you open Live, please check the connection status in touchAble by tapping the blue USB/Wifi Symbol. Is the server maybe connected twice (USB/Wifi)?

Best