Latest touchAble Pro Server including Live 11 Scripts

Thank you to the developers or continuing to work on the issues and make this product better and better.

Sorry for asking one more time :).

Can you locate a Log.txt file here:

C:Users<user>\AppDate\Roaming\Ableton<current_version>\Preferences\Log.txt

The log you send unfortunately didnā€™t contain any logs from our script.

Also try this script, i fixed a little bug.

touchAble.zip (151.2 KB)

howdy. first timer here. just bought touchable pro. brand new system with windows 10, with an ipad 6th generation.

followed all the instructions:

-installed latest touchable server - TouchablePro 1.659full

• installed ableton live 11 suite script
  • installed rtpMIDI and connected to ipad
  • installed Bonjour
  • installed recommended older itunes version
  • setup firewall exceptions for itunes, bonjour and rtp midi
  • restarted ableton
    -tried turning each thing on in a different order (rtpmidi connection, server, ableton, touchable, multiple times. turned everything on/off etc)

not getting any luck. hopefully thereā€™s a fix for this, otherwise Iā€™d really like to get my money back. super dissapointing, was really excited about this!

Forum wonā€™t allow me to upload Log.txt as Iā€™m a new user.

i just deleted touchable pro on my ipad, reinstalled and it worked very briefly. it showed the default tracks (2 audio and 2 midi), loaded up a session and now not working again, still cannot choose midi input or output, touchable pro connection status states CONTROL SURFACE NOT RESPONDING but connection is fine via both wifi and usb.

hopefully iā€™m super close to being able to connect

the shit part though is that this gives me little confidence in this being a useful control surface going forward :frowning:

Hi,

thanks for uploading the log, we could find a couple of bugs, that have been fixed. Unfortunately, the mobile App was involved, too. We have already uploaded a fix. The new server will probably only patrtly solve the issue.

Hey,

sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please send the log file to pascal aet zerodebug . com?

Best

Pascal

hey there. have got it working, but it crashes way too often for this to be useable. It also doesnt follow what im doing in ableton on the pc (doesnt seem to sync up. i assumed this would be the case)

Am i able to get a refund?

Really cool app but unfortunately it isnt stable enough to use.

Really hopeful I can get a refund. I donā€™t have much money, I sold my midi controllers and opted to go with touchable, but as I said, it just isnā€™t what I expected it to be. I didnā€™t think it would crash so easily and be such a pain to connect (the amount of effort required to connect and then reconnect makes this app pointless to use)

I feel really bad asking for a refund, Iā€™d rather the app just functioned perfectly.

Really hope that you understand and can help me out.

Hi yes - I have done this in the MIDI preferences section of Live. I have also installed the latest version of the server. The issue is both on my personal Macbook Pro running High Sierra and on our college machines running Mojave.

Hi

I can see that Ableton is receiving MIDI data when i press pads on the app, but still get the control surface not responding message. None of the buttons or controls have mapped to ableton and no tracks are showing on the app screen

I just installed this latest script 1.659 on Live 11 Mac OS Catalina (with latest download of touchable app pro) ā€¦ on the default empty live set, basic functionality seems to work fine (with little testing). When I open up a working file with lots of tracks it opens up halfway then crashes. How do I generate a crash log and submit it to troubleshoot and fix bugs? Is there something in preferences I can change to prevent crashing?
thanks.
L

i installed server 1.662 and same problem

Hi,

sorry to hear. In case you purchased the iOS App, please contact Apple to get a refund:

If you send us the logfiles, maybe can solve the issue quickly.

Best

Pascal

Hi,

could you please send us Liveā€™s and touchAbleā€™s logfile for further investigation.

Activate touchAbleā€™s log mode, by clicking touchAbleā€™s system tray icon -> options -> log mode

On mac you will find the Live logfile here:
/Users//Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 11.0/Log.txt

Touchableā€™s log
/Users//Library/Preferences/Zerodebug/TouchAble//log.txt

On windows, you will find the touchable log inside touchAbleā€™s installl directory:
e.g C:Program Files\Zerodebug\touchable<server_version>.log

The Live log can be found here:
C:Users\AppDate\Roaming\Ableton<current_version>\Preferences\Log.txt

pascal aet zerodebug . com

Best

Pascal

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience. Please see information about logā€™s in the post above.

Best

Pascal

Hi @Pascal, did you manage to make some more improvements with our logs and your tests?
We are eager to finally be able to use this app.
Please let us know, as we are all here left hanging with a broken app.
I whish I could help with the programming, but Iā€™m not skilled on that sense.
So, please, do share some test versions with us, I donā€™t mind sharing my logs, if that helps speeding up the process and find solutions for a better and more stable version of server and app.
Hopefully soon.
Regards

Hi,

we have just released an update for windows, that includes all fixes mentioned. Could you please try this version (1.662) in combination with the latest server (1.662)?

Best

Pascal

1 Like

Yup, just having a quick look and can confirm some main (previously broken) features are now working.
Tested so far clip warp toggle, automation and convert to simpler (although it create a Simpler with a classic mode sample, not Slice)
Blue circles are gone from the custom interface.
Switching to editor mode on the devices panel doesnā€™t crash anymore.
Beat/Note repeat working finally!
Also the mixer has I/O selectable.

Now, still not selecting the ComplexPro into the clip warp setting, Loop Jump and Loop Size still ghosting into the clip waveform screen.

This so far in 5 minutes check.
Later Iā€™ll dive more into.

A quick useful addition to the warping clip would be the BPM, transients, Grain, Flux controls into the clip editor, really missing those options.

image_2021-04-01_105708 transients

Overall great job, thanks for the update.

Thanks for the updates. Everything seems to be working. But the IOS app crashes like all the time now when I change something, add a track, whatever.

Hey,

sorry for the inconvenience. We already uploaded an update fixing this issues. (Set loading/track creation.)

Best

Pascal