studiomux 5 beta

hi,

seems like our webpage failes to update again. the latest update was mainly about including native USB, and auto selecting the best connection. when unpluging the device, studiomux should now continue sending midi and audio. renaming the plugin is now possible, and should also update the plguin names inside the app. plugin state saving should also now be possible on mac.

latest server:

best

Hi Pascal, thanks for the update, just tried it. Here is my feedback:

1. USB now showing as active in the server. (2 ports)
  2. Log mode permanently off. Option to enable unavailable
  3. Audio still garbled & unusable in Ableton
  4. Crashed Ableton (10 Latest) several times, very unstable.
    Win 10, ios 14.3 Air 3

Cheersā€¦

Pascal, I would think the fix for the sound garbling bug would be to simply adjust the default sample rate from 44000 -> 44100 ?

Vst 3 are installed but not picked up by ableton and Cubase.any suggestions?
Peace

With 5.016 works great

Windows or Mac?

Not to worry, just re-tested on Win 10 againā€¦still no diceā€¦

On Mac Big Sur 11.1. Im testing with windows tomorrow

studiomux_5.016_x64 not working on windows 10. Tray icon keeps disappearing

I just joined, using latest beta app through TestFlight on iPad 6th gen, iOS 14 latest, with studio one pro 5 on 2012 MacBook pro with catalina. With latest beta server installed (5.016), and TestFlight running mac now sees iPad for studiomux, however audio gets garbled and wonā€™t run through any plugins. When Ichoose channel, if I choose the channel I named, then it continues to say no channel on mac. If I choose channel 1, then it says channel 3 on mac and audio gets muted. Effect (tired many different IAA) is in channel 1 since thatā€™s all I can select. Nothing changed if I moved the effect top channel 3, and the plugin icons are on the in and out of channel 1 anyway, Studio one is crashing consistently when I mess with any of the studiomux settings.

I upgraded to catalina a few weeks ago, but had studiomux working well on Mojave with logic.

Hello, just joined myself. Coming from a good run on the old Studiomux with iOS 13 iPad 10.5, OSX High Sierra and Ableton 10. Iā€™ve just got an iPad Pro on iOS 14.3, so time to take the beta plunge.

Didnā€™t have much joy on my 2012 MacBook Pro High Sierra, but I canā€™t get IDAM to work with the new iPad either (ā€˜enableā€™ greyed out in Audio Midi Setup), so Iā€™m guessing I have an OS/iOS issue there.

Which Mac OS is the Studiomux 5 server supposed to work on? I have installs of Mojave and Catalina I can test it on, but it would be good to know which is best (canā€™t find that information anywhere so far). If anyone can shed some light on that Iā€™d be grateful.

I did get the App up and running, looking good.

To follow up my own post, up and running painlessly with iPad Pro 12.9 4th Gen iOS 14.3, OSX Catalina 10.5.7 and Ableton 10, server v 5.016. Brilliant, only one audio channel attempted from AUM so far, but audio clean at 48k. Sweet to see those lights on my mixer. Not tried midi or anything else yet, donā€™t want to spoil the moment :slight_smile:

EDIT: Couldnā€™t help myselfā€¦ midi successfully sent to AUM from keyboard connected to desktop. Samplr working as IAA in SMUX. Ableton LINK doesnā€™t seem to be working (ok between AUM and Live). Next challenge to get audio from desktop back into AUM appsā€¦

Hi,

thanks for helping. Currently we are working on improving the audio transmission. We cannot test with a wide range of iOS devices and hosts, and have to write an test environment where we can test all kinds of ios device with different buffersizes and samplerates as well as different plugin hosts settings. The audio transmission doesnā€™t seem to work properly for some testers.

Studiomux should work with the latest OS (Big Sure) down to 10.9. We have tested it with Big Sure, Catalina and Mojave.

Best

Hi Pascal, any news about the Windows Beta?

Iā€™m on Big Sur with an iPad Air 2 and a iPhone 11 Pro to test if you need.

@steve99 Could you please post some screenshots, so we can see what to expect on a working system? I just tried the 5.0.16 Testflight with Catalina, but the moment I dragged an AU instrument to the input slot on the iPad, SMUX would crash.

TIA,
Cozi

Catalina 10.15.6 and iOS 14.3 on 1st gen iPad Pro

@coido yes I will do when I have a chance (today or tomorrow hopefully), but Iā€™ve not tried directly with an AU, Iā€™m using AUM as my AU host and then routing from AUM in SMUX.

Today I had the most success on Windows 10 running smux instrument vst3 with ableton live 10, and on my ipad, Ampify Launchpad running via Smux app, some recognizable sound makes it to ableton which is great, before today it was just noise. The audio is still mangled a bit like itā€™s having latency problems. Canā€™t wait for it to be up and running like before. <3

Any chance we can install this on our ipad without using the testflight mode (it requires ios 13 or later)? That mode is restricted on my ios version 12 device. Ipad mini 2. I need to test this on windows and my ipad to give you proper feedback

also which version of the windows desktop software is most recent? (can we try the desktop version 5 with the old studiomux 4?)

I also cannot get Live (11 beta) to recognize the VST3. Wonā€™t show up after restarts and rescans. Iā€™m on Mojave. 2015 MBP.

Hi @Pascal, I just tried the latest Beta with the 5.17 server on win 10 , ios 14.3.
The vst3ā€™s instantly go into into audio overload, & it is not possible to select a device etc. Did all the usual stuff to try to get it working, but no go. Looks like this might be a step backwards Iā€™m afraidā€¦